Senior CloudOps Engineer
Join Absolute’s Cloud Engineering team and be part of our new core observability and cloud initiatives. Our team is building the foundation for the next generation of the company services on top of Kubernetes. This is a global high throughput set of services that process data for hundreds of millions of devices per day. Be part of architecting the core application stack for throughput and resilience at Absolute.
Do you have a passion for our core mission:
- Drive observability and resilient service engineering across the organization. Be instrumental and a guiding force for metrics, logging and tracing.
- Solve challenges of scalability and efficiency at scale in cloud environments.
- Automate all the things! Be passionate about automation, from infrastructure-as-code through to continuous integration and deployments
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Lead the cloud architecture in building secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure on AWS
- Maintain, scale and optimize cloud operations
- Deploy and maintain highly available services in multiple AWS data centres
- Advocate for best practices, and processes to help build a DevOps culture in the organization
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure, and application components monitoring and emergency alerting solutions
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience architecting and delivering large scale SaaS solutions in AWS
- Experience in managing, instrumenting, and scaling multi-tier web-services infrastructure in a public, private or hybrid cloud environment
- Extensive experience with containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Proficient with could infrastructure management tools (Terraform) and DevOps tools and environments like Jenkins, Git, Ansible.
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.