Intermediate QA Engineer
This is a 1-year maternity leave contract with the possibility of a permanent offer upon review.
As a QA Engineer, you will bring extensive QA and technical expertise to test our Absolute technology and other business applications developed with the latest micro-service technologies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing and executing manual and automated test cases as well as specialized testing covering the one or more areas of: UI, API, security, system performance, log monitoring, network/protocol analysis, and installation/configuration.
In addition to test creation/execution the candidate will be involved in using and extending the test automation framework.
- Take an active role in the creation of the project test plan including risk analysis, test strategy, and test scope.
- Provide accurate task estimates and status reports.
- Review Product requirements/specifications and other technical documentation to ensure test ability and completeness.
- Develop automated UI, API, and performance tests.
- Develop automated other functional and non-functional tests.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Web-based client–server application.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac Platform.
- Identify and record descriptive defects.
- Collaborate closely with Development, Program Management and Support to analyze and resolve issues.
What you will need to be considered:
- Intermediate programming skill in Java (must have)
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with testing Enterprise software in a Client/Server or Web environment
- Experience with test automation for Web
- Solid test plan and test case writing skill
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and quality process
- Experience with Industry standard test automation, test and defect management tools
- Self-motivated, independent, detail orientated and responsible team-player
What you will need to stand out:
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience with Micro services testing
- Experience with VMWare or other emulators
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Scrum
Why Work For Us:
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.