Account Manager, VSB
As part of Absolute’s award winning Sales team, the Account Managers for the Very Small Business Division, who are based in Austin, TX, are responsible for acquiring new customers, growing existing accounts, and renewing licenses for the <250 employee based companies. This role is an entry-level sales position, in a call-center like environment, which requires some travel for customer and partner visits, as well as attending events.
The Account Managers regularly prospect for new customers through marketing generated leads, from partner referrals and deal registrations, and from cold calling. They also regularly engage with customers to review overall account health, drive product usage & adoption, share information for new product offerings, and help renew and expand Absolute’s footprint into these accounts.
This role likely will be 70% acquisition sales activities and 30% customer retention and expansion activities.
Prospecting For New Business
Find net new customers for Absolute and grow Annual Contract Value year over year:
- Cold call into net new target accounts in assigned territory
- Resell to past and inactive customers using Salesforce and other tools
- Work with partners to generate leads and opportunities
- Qualify marketing generated leads and covert them into opportunities
- Creatively prospect for net new business, utilizing an entrepreneurial approach
Retention and Growth
Maximize customer renewals and grow annual contract value from assigned accounts:
- Maximize renewal rates by proactively managing the renewal/re-purchase process
- Grow annual contract value by up-selling/cross-selling Absolute products & services
- Enforce license compliance and aggressively true-up license overages
Work with SE and Customer Success Teams as Needed
Work directly with assigned accounts to maximize engagement and retention:
- Conduct business reviews to drive usage and reinforce value
- Share customer best practices and industry research
- Deliver new product release updates and training
- Help customers identify at-risk data and/or devices
- Account maintenance activities such as agent over-installs, agent removal, and expired licenses
Participate in Sales initiatives and develop related knowledge:
- Attend mandatory and optional sales training sessions
- Grow knowledge of Absolute products/services and internal systems
- Contribute to a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based sales activity, and a strong focus on business development and renewals
What You Will Need:
- College degree and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with management by key performance indicators.
- Sales experience preferred, but willing to train and enable
- Effectively manage to quotas, KPI’s, and revenue targets
- Proficient in asking discovery questions and uncovering business pain
- Excellent customer-engagement and relationship-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn technical products and solutions
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PP), SFDC experience a plus.
- Some travel required
- Comply with all of the Absolute internal Policies.
- Adhere to and embrace the Absolute Values.
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer