We are currently looking for a results-driven and self-motivated Pre-Sales Systems Engineer with a broad range of cross-platform endpoint management & security expertise to join our dynamic team. Primarily responsible for providing technical sales support to acquire new business/new customers. Works as part of a solution selling team on assigned opportunities, delivering high quality technical consultation and support throughout the sales cycle. This role will support an Inside Sales Team.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Responsible for supporting pre-sales activities with the goal of achieving revenue-based sales objectives.
- Deliver technical presentations and product overviews with the Sales team
- Attain trusted advisor status with prospect’s technical stakeholders
- Deliver Proof of Value engagements and lead deep-dives on product solutions
- Recommend complimentary solutions, and advise on integration with Absolute technology
- Consult with prospects on security, end point management, and asset management best practices
- Provide technical sales support on RFPs/RFQs
- Contributing to Absolute’s internal visibility, corporate knowledge, and best practices by enhancing sales information, documentation, business processes, and methodologies.
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Development teams on feature enhancements
- Responsible for assisting with ad-hoc post-sales technical issues in targeted accounts
- Liaising with the customer and internal Global Support and R&D organizations
- Diagnosing issues, and developing solutions
What You’ll Need:
- Previous experience providing technical sales support for SaaS/Cloud based technology solutions
- Solution Pre-sales experience expected
- Experience with software deployment technologies, and a strong understanding of corporate networking environments and configurations.
- Domain knowledge of IT End Point Security and Management products and best practices, such as anti-virus, encryption, DLP
- Setup/administration skills for operating systems including Microsoft Windows, and Mac O/S.
- Architectural and configuration knowledge of TCP/IP based networks and perimeter network devices (router, firewall, proxy servers, IDS, IPS)
- Formal technical training expected, especially in areas of network, security and end point administration
- General computer science qualification expected; university degree preferred
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.