Associate Sales Engineer, EMEA
We are looking to bring onboard an Associate Sales Engineer to assist in the technical sales process, primarily during the discovery and technical validation stages of the sales process. The ASE is a technical evangelist for our software platform, representing the company with potential customers, partners, and at events.
As this is a developing role we are not looking for an experienced SE but a candidate who is looking for a change in career from a pure technical support/IT role into a more customer focused role.
You will become skilled at performing detailed discovery that uncovers the customers’ current state and negative consequences, understanding their desired future state and positive business outcomes, and positioning technical solutions that provide real business value. You can tailor demonstrations to align with the discovered pain. You can build Proof of Value (PoV) plans that validate the solution is strongly aligned with the customer needs and delivers quantifiable business value. You can work with the customer to lead the PoV, and then partner with your Account Executive (AE) to deliver a strong PoV summary document and wrap-up presentation. You can smoothly handle objections while remaining focused on the important differentiators. Finally, you can effectively build technical champions inside accounts and operate independently of, but in partnership with, your AE.
You will be expected to quickly come up to speed on our product offerings, both the Absolute product suite (Visibility, Control, and Resilience) as well as the NetMotion product suite (Mobility and MobileIQ). Your deep product knowledge, as well as in-depth knowledge of security, networking, and operating systems (Including Android and IOS) will help you to effectively position our products, while also helping to solve difficult technical problems for potential customers during pre-sales presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations.
- Partner with your Account Executives to establish and execute sales strategy for your territory
- Deliver tailored technical sales presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers and partners
- Plan and execute Proof of Value (PoV, evaluation) activities. This includes scoping the PoV to align with the business pain, defining relevant success criteria and metrics, designing the PoV environment, installing and configuring the Absolute and NetMotion platforms, providing technical support to prospective customers, and executing the PoV in accordance with the agreed-upon success criteria
- Working with your leadership, communicate feature requests and product ideas, backed by data from your sales engagements, into product management. Assist your leadership in working with product management to develop priorities for the company's product roadmap
- Partnering with your AE, document the ongoing sales cycles and PoV in Salesforce.com
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in an end user support/helpdesk role up to 3rd line
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to all levels of people
- Understanding of Windows, macOS, Android and IOS operating systems, including the firmware and boot process
- Can troubleshoot network environments to support evaluations
Nice to Have:
- Experience with complex technical sales cycles, including deep discovery as well as scoping, executing, and presenting complex Proof of Value (evaluations)
- Experience selling AV, EDR, Incident Response, Forensics, or other endpoint or network security tools
- Experience with selling methodologies such as Command of the Message and MEDDPICC
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash
- Understanding of data-in-transit security, including TLS, IPsec, VPNs, PKI, and certificate management
- Experience in IT, Mobility or Security operations
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era. So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.