Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist resolves customer technical issues in a timely and effective fashion for Absolute’s corporate & consumer products using customer service and technical skills. As such, technical aptitude, empathy, and ability to multi task are crucial.
We operate a follow-the-sun support model with our other support centers and some working hours flexibility is expected, but there are no swing shifts, and no graveyard shifts!
What You'll Need:
- Technical troubleshooting and issue documentation
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop, Mac and Android operating systems
- Good understanding of software deployment and disk imaging solutions
- Strong knowledge of firewalls, anti-virus and encryption products
- Understanding of LAN/WAN networking configuration
- Experience of writing and using basic database queries
- Experience with one or more CRM or ticket tracking systems
- Customer service - effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Initiative, tenacity, and a passion for supporting customers
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high workload within a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently whilst also contributing to the team
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Scripting (PowerShell and/or Bash)
- Database (SQL and/or MongoDB)
- Microsoft MSP/MCSA/MSCE
- CompTia A+, Network+, Security+
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.