Director of Product, Visibility
Absolute is the leader in Endpoint Resilience™ solutions and the industry’s only undeletable defense platform, embedded in over half a billion devices. Enabling a permanent digital tether between the endpoint and the enterprise who distributed it, Absolute provides organizations with complete connectivity, visibility, and control, whether a device is on or off the corporate network and empowers them with Self-Healing Endpoint® security to ensure mission-critical apps remain healthy and deliver intended value.
As Director of Product for the Visibility product, you will be a key member of the product leadership team at Absolute. You will lead the strategy, delivery, and execution of Absolute’s core visibility product and services focused on understanding market trends, technical capabilities and customer use cases for providing full visibility of device, application and data about including the use of AI/ML models to derive insights out of the collected data for different IT and Security use cases.
We take a data-driven, user-centered approach to our work. You are creative, entrepreneurial, and focused on achieving outcomes. You love a big idea and know how to break it down, evaluate it, and build a plan to make it real. You can see the complexity of the ecosystem, but also worry about the details, especially those that create utility and delight. You know how to use experimentation, iteration, and data-driven research to create product impact and meet strategic goals.
The Director of Product – Visibility sets strategy, goals, and targets for the design and development of Absolute's visibility product and services, including product vision and road map, feature prioritization and implementation, service and revenue model(s), partnerships, growth and user engagement. You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional leaders and their teams throughout the process. You will seek opportunities to integrate Absolute solutions with partners that could help us meet our strategic goals.
- Lead and define the product vision, strategy, and implementation for the Absolute Visibility product:
- Identify, research, and target key user segments for existing and new customer problems around endpoint visibility
- Translate analytics, data, and user feedback into actionable product plans
- Become an industry expert in how IT and Security Admins use the endpoint data to manage and secure their endpoints against internal and external threats
- Identify and add new data sets that will provide additional insights into the endpoint
- Work closely with UX to define easy to use dashboards & visualizations to showcase the actionable insights from the data
- Help develop new AI/ML models to provide new actionable insights
- Work hand-in-hand with engineering, UX, customer success, support, sales engineering, channel management, sales operations, and finance to take new features/products from concept to successful GTM
- Working closely with cloud providers, technology vendors, and partners to develop data integrations
- Develop products that complement or build upon existing the existing Absolute portfolio to solve customer problems in the endpoint visibility market
- Represent Absolute at industry and customer events
- Conduct usability research to provide ongoing and up-to-date insights to inform Absolute’s executive, product development, and internal teams and promote continued relevance and impact of the product
- Understand and be responsible for the overall P&L of the product
- Orchestrate partnerships that integrate Absolute’s visibility product into new and existing platforms and services that extend the reach and utility of the commons to users everywhere
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in product management in a high-growth SaaS environment, with at least 2 years of experience leading a product (or a product portfolio), preferably within endpoint security, endpoint management or relevant enterprise B2B IT/Security software
- BA/BA degree in Marketing, Business, Computer science, or related field. MBA and other advanced degrees are desirable
- A self-starter leader who loves coaching and growing high-performing teams; Ability to manage, guide and direct an experienced team of product managers
- Willingness to travel domestic and international (25-40% of the time)
- Experience leading product management and partnership processes, including:
- Leading across multiple development teams in different continents
- Working inside scaled agile environment
- Developing and/or contributing to strategy, leading, and managing projects, and working with distributed teams
- Negotiating, motivating, and collaborating with technical teams in executing on product development and shipping features into software
- Negotiating and communicating with diverse stakeholders to create good outcomes for all parties
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic/analytical thinking, relationship building (internal and external stakeholders), and interpersonal skills
- Superior project management, analysis, planning, and strategy skills
- Excellent presentation skills, having excelled at presenting to senior technology leaders (i.e., CIOs, CTOs, CISOs) within enterprises
- Familiarity with customer-centric design, user profiling, and insights development to support product strategy and design
- Sound understanding of the Device and Asset Management space, its technical structures, and business models
- Experience with leading products that use AI/ML models
- Strong understanding of endpoint data collection on both Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook and iOS/Android – Preferred
- Familiarity with big data storage and enterprise data scale including building and maintaining a data product
- Core understanding of IT, Security tools and strategies
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment, build good working relationships, and produce quality work in a remote work structure
Why Work For Us:
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose
- CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company.
Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world- class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few.
Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed us too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.comor visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.