Senior Revenue Accountant
Absolute Software is seeking a driven Senior Revenue Accountant to join our fast-growing Global Accounting Team in North America.
Preference will be given to candidates based in one of our major North American offices (Vancouver, BC, San Jose, CA, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA), but we will also consider remote candidates across North America.
Absolute is a global cyber-security technology company. We help organizations recover and resume normal operations in the face of security breaches. Absolute envisions a world where security and IT professionals always retain control over their devices and data. We’re the first and only company to offer uncompromised visibility and near real-time remediation of security breaches at the source.
Absolute is seeking a strong senior revenue accountant with knowledge in IFRS 15 and/or ASC 606 and an affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will report to the Manager, Revenue Accounting and will focus on supporting the team in the day-to-day operations of revenue accounting. The ideal candidate has experience with multiple performance obligation arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically from a process perspective while carrying a strong execution mindset to deliver against established plans.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with IFRS & US GAAP and internal policies
- Research accounting guidance and document Company's position on various revenue transactions
- Perform revenue close activities: prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and quarterly disclosures
- Prepare support for monthly close package and internal/external quarterly audit requests
- Facilitate ad-hoc analysis and projects, as required
- Support design, implementation, execution, and documentation of key revenue controls
- Support NetSuite ARM and Salesforce CPQ system integrations and enhancement projects, as required
- Maintain strong lines of communication and partnership cross-functionally to drive best practice in revenue
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience, with Big 4 public accounting and/or industry experience in the SaaS/software industry preferred
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 and/or IFRS 15
- Experience in application of internal controls
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Effective communicator able to convey and present information in a concise and well-organized manner
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet challenging deadlines
- Commitment to continuously seeking for opportunity to improve productivity and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint software applications
- Experience with NetSuite, NetSuite ARM, Salesforce CPQ
Why Work For Us:
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose- CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company.
Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world- class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few.
Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed us too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.comor visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.