Senior Software Engineer (Java)
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer, specializing in Java Middle Tier development, to join one of our scrum teams in Vancouver. You will contribute to product design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help to improve the overall quality of our code base.
If you are a fast learner, a team player, and consistently deliver on your commitments, you will feel right at home on this team!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Designing and developing complex platform components with a team of senior engineers
- Contributing to the evolution of the infrastructure and technology architecture, combining technology selection and operational expertise to ensure product excellence, resiliency, security, and development efficiency
- Automating testing and maintenance of software modules to a high-quality standard
- Writing software architecture and design documents
- Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Participating in peer reviews
- Collaborating with local and remote co-workers, mentoring, and coaching
- Debugging and solving complex problems either individually or within a team
- Working with your scrum teams to continuously improve
What You Will Need:
- Proficiency in Java, with a good knowledge of major frameworks such as Spring
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful end points
- Experience designing Mongo documents, writing aggregation queries, etc.
- A passion for unit testing
- Familiarity with Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK
- Excellent technical and personal communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiarity with the scrum development process
- 5+ years of software development experience in a professional capacity
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Why Work for Us?
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.