We are open to candidates based in San Jose, California or Vancouver, BC.
Absolute Software Corporation is building out its global accounting function and is looking to recruit an experienced professional in the newly created role of Director, Accounting. Reporting to the VP Controller, the Director, Accounting will lead a team and drive the general ledger and overall accounting operations and be the point-person for the Company's day-to-day accounting processes. This position will be hands-on, interacting and coordinating with colleagues in Finance and the various functions around the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment, execution of accounting functions, and reporting results.
The Director, Accounting will play a key leadership role in change management, process and controls improvement, scaling accounting, and Company infrastructure and operations. This role will be responsible for analyzing technical accounting guidance, creating and maintaining corporate accounting policies and maintaining an effective internal control environment.
- Directs and oversees the Company's day to day global accounting operations, including all general ledger responsibilities, procure-to-pay, order-to-cash and payroll
- Ensures that consolidated financial results are complete, consistently prepared, materially correct, and in compliance with IFRS
- Oversees the monthly/quarterly close process, ensuring all results are posted and thoroughly analyzed and reported to executive management on a defined schedule
- Coordinate the assessment of revenue recognition criteria and record transactions appropriately
- Research, develop and implements accounting policies as they relate to IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are properly developed, documented and implemented to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Evaluates the intricate business environment and recommend reports or Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and management dashboards that provide management insight into accounting operations
- Designs and prepares complex financial analyses for use in the monthly and quarterly closing process
- Coordinates with all levels of management within the accounting and finance organization to gain assurance that the reports are accurate and complete, with fluctuations identified and explained
- Assists auditors with access to confidential financial information as required
- Manages cash flow with the Director, Tax and Treasury, to assure the Company meets all payment obligations in accordance with its commitments
- Coordinate with the Finance team and support monthly internal management reporting to identify trends and deviations in operational spending
- Manage accounting issues and communicate upward effectively and timely
What You Will Need:
- CPA is required
- Big-4 public company audit experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive accounting management roles in high-growth, multi-national companies, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership/management position
- Very strong technical knowledge of accounting standards (i.e., IFRS and GAAP), SEC rules and requirements, classification of accounts and transactions is required
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, with experience in a public-company environment
- Hands-on experience in managing accounting operations, the monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements
- Experience with ERP/general ledger system improvements/utilization to drive operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Software revenue recognition (IFRS 15 and/or ASC 606) experience or working with a SaaS company in an external audit capacity is highly desirable
- Track record of driving organizational change and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization
- A proven leader in training and developing high-performing teams; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy
- Effective and decisive under pressure
Why Work For Us?
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers' challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.