Head of Product Marketing
As Absolute’s growth continues to accelerate and our Endpoint Visibility and Control platform expands to new buyers and markets, the Product Marketing function plays a critical and strategic role in both extending the value within our customer base and unlocking new market opportunities. This role is at the intersection of product, marketing and sales – and has tremendous impact on how we go to market and promote the product.
- Keeping Stakeholders Informed: Along with the marketing team, educates internal and external company stakeholders on the features and benefits of the products.
- Ensures sales and marketing teams have all the necessary knowledge and materials enabling them to attract new customers
- Be a confident speaker, representing the company at industry events, webinars, and sales meetings. Delivers speeches and presentations both internally and externally in promotion of the product’s story.
- Create engaging product content, for example, performing case studies, creating product videos, blog posts, running forum product discussions. All to articulate the product’s value to the world.
- Develops messaging for the local, regional, as well as global product campaigns that effectively resonate with each particular region in its own unique way.
- Assesses the product market data by reaching out to customers through field salespersons and evaluating the sales call results.
- Assist members of the sales team in processing prospective client calls where there is a deeper demand for product description/promotion.
- Assess product sales by vertical; is there a reason one vertical performs better than another.
- Product Launch:Responsible for the product’s launch; plans the launch of the new product and oversees the cross-functional implementation of the launch plan.
- Work closely with product management on developing the strategy and plans that drives demand for the product in the market.
- Develops product messaging and positioning that distinguishes the product and sets it apart in the market.
- Pricing: Influences the product’s pricing through the utilization of market research data; reviewing the production and sales expenses; and anticipated sales volume.
- GTM enablement:
- Identify and prioritize target markets, solution opportunities and buyers
- Collaborate with the sale enablement team to deliver tools and training for sales teams
- Work with OEM partners and channel team to develop positioning materials and training opportunities
- Provide competitive information and challenge questions to help sales teams more effectively compete.
- Define and deliver effective solution messaging and positioning across products, verticals, and use cases
- Collaborate with technical marketing to ensure market and solutions knowledge communicated and that our field teams can articulate differentiation and demonstrate value
Deliverables for this position include:
- Positioning and messaging that attracts and converts prospects and leads.
- Manage and maintain a messaging platform document
- Explanation of product capabilities from a customer point of view
- Competitive landscape and differentiators
- Buyer personas that provide structure and insight for a company.
- Sales enablement materials that help reps close more deals.
- Sale guides, battle cards and training. Should competitive landscape, and objection handling. (internal and channel-based versions)
- Competitive intelligence that gives the team a deep understanding of the market.
- Creation of external product presentations
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years and proven track record of relevant solutions, product or portfolio marketing experience, preferably within endpoint security or relevant enterprise IT software.
- Driven and a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced start-up like environment
- Ability to manage, guide and direct an experienced team of product marketing experts
- Strong evidence of defining go-to-market strategy, customer advocacy, and market research/analysis
- Complete command of product marketing processes, techniques and tactics associated with driving growth across product and solution portfolio
- Experience selling and messaging to an IT or security audience. Must be ‘credible’ voice.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience. You must be comfortable engaging with technical buyers within enterprises.
- Calculated risk taker with a fundamental understanding of the numbers that drive product growth including market and financial analysis, pricing, resource allocation, margins, costs, ROI, etc.
- Experience as a product/technology writer (samples of writing may be requested) creating targeted content, solutions and campaigns for specific verticals
- Demonstrated aptitude for product strategy and positioning
- Proven ability to launch products/services and manage new releases
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), critical/analytic thinking, relationship building (internal and external stakeholders), and interpersonal skills
- As an experienced product marketer, you will bring extremely strong organizational skills. You are comfortable defining priorities where multiple requests must be fielded by various stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and creative spirit, proven ability to think outside the box
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- A college/university degree in marketing, computer science, or related fields. MBA a plus.
- Willingness to travel domestic and international (50% of the time)
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.