(Senior) QA Engineer
As a QA Engineer, you will bring extensive QA and technical expertise to test our Data and Device Security (DDS) product and other business applications developed with the latest technologies from Microsoft and Java.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing and executing manual and automated test cases as well as specialized testing covering the one or more areas of: UI, API, security, system performance, log monitoring, network/protocol analysis, and installation/configuration.
In addition to test creation/execution the candidate will be involved in using and extending the test automation framework.
What You'll Need:
- Take an active role in the creation of the project test plan including risk analysis, test strategy, and test scope.
- Provide accurate task estimates and status reports.
- Review Product requirements/specifications and other technical documentation to ensure test ability and completeness.
- Develop automated UI, API and performance tests.
- Develop automated other functional and non-functional tests.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Web-based client–server application.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac Platform.
- Identify and record descriptive defects.
- Collaborate closely with Development, Program Management and Support to analyze and resolve issues.
- Experience with testing Enterprise software in a Client/Server or Web environment
- Experience with desktop and mobile testing
- Experience with test automation for Web
- Solid test plan and test case writing skill
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and quality process
- Experience with Industry standard test automation, test and defect management tools
- Intermediate programming skill in Java (must have)
- Experience with web automation testing by Selenium, Appium
- Experience with different locator definitions in web automation testing.
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience with Micro services testing
- Solid knowledge of TSQL and database technologies.
- Experience with VMWare or other emulators
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Scrum
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.