Cybersecurity & Privacy Specialist
We are looking for a Cybersecurity & Privacy Specialist that is passionate about designing and implementing controls for security and privacy into key operational processes. As a key member of our Cybersecurity team, you will take on the responsibility of defining, managing and ensuring compliance to our privacy and cybersecurity framework for Absolute’s production (“SaaS”) and non-production (corporate IT) environments.
You will contribute in the continuous operation of Absolute’s enterprise risk and operational risk programs along with playing a role in the management of related activities such as operational risk assessments, control self-assessments (CSAs), audits and compliance reviews, and help recommend mitigation strategies that align with our business goals, core values, and overall objectives to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Absolute’s information systems and data.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of processes, procedures and practices related to privacy, information access and records.
- Perform privacy impact assessments (PIAs) including analyzing initiatives against appropriate legislative sections, ensuring it adheres to requirements related to storage and access, identifying privacy risks and mitigation strategies, establishing security measures and other applicable analysis.
- Partner with all key business areas to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives.
- Continuous operation of Absolute’s data privacy program.
- Monitor the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and best practices related to Data Privacy.
- Conduct cybersecurity assessments with internal teams (e.g., IT, Product Development, HR, Hosting Operations).
- Coordinate Absolute’s external audit requirements through planning, fieldwork, reporting, and corrective action.
- Work with risk owners to proactively document and mitigate security related risks.
- Review and providing ongoing monitoring of Absolute’s risk management program.
- Collaborate with business units to perform control self-assessment (CSAs) to document processes, identify controls, risks, determine control adequacy and identify control monitoring opportunities and areas for improvement/enhancement.
- Develop and maintain systems, tools, and processes to ensure compliance with privacy and security policies and standards.
- Manage, investigate, drive remediation for, and resolve privacy incidents.
- Develops and delivers education and training to Absolute employees on security and privacy matters.
What You’ll Need
- University and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CIPP, or a willingness to obtain one.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in the information security or technology field with exposure to audit, risk management, data privacy, and regulatory and compliance practices.
- Knowledge and experience of cloud infrastructure security; Azure and AWS (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience working with various security frameworks (e.g., ISO/IEC 27001, NIST 800-53, COBIT, OWASP) and audit frameworks (e.g., SOC 2, FedRAMP).
- Ability to work in both a collaborative team environment as well as independently when required.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills and ability to multi-task across various projects in a high-paced work environment to meet deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Knowledge and experience with privacy regulations (e.g., PIPEDA, GDPR, CCPA)
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.