Deal Desk Manager
You'll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Absolute’s overall business, partner with our senior Sales and Finance leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way cybersecurity and Resilience is defined.
You will be responsible for overseeing the global quote-to-order process and ensuring the smooth execution of some of our largest and most strategic opportunities. You will act as a key advisor to Sales, Legal, Finance, and Accounting, managing deal formation and flow, implementing policy, and driving sustainable growth while reducing sales cycle times. You will also be working closely with our Product Marketing and Market Readiness team to define how our solution’s ROI can best be communicated and demonstrated. This is crucial as our solution ROI is changing and being defined with our new strategies. This role is both strategic and can have major revenue impact to Absolute.
What will I be doing?
- Build out a scalable deal desk function and improve our day-to-day processes and systems. Define Deal Desk strategy and tools/business policy needs for both the internal and external audiences.
- Build out a scalable RFP function and improve our day-to-day processes and systems. This includes hiring a technical person on the team to ensure best technical solution responses. This is a net new function at Absolute as winning NNL and expansions are key growth strategy for the company new RFP and expansion workshops are key tactics.
- Drive best practices to increase sales effectiveness via structured deal reviews and checkpoints, supported by standard business practices and policies, and proper enablement.
- Advise on contract negotiations internally, including: deal structure, discounting guidance, order processing, etc.
- Drive process and systems requirements to implement best-in-class quote-to-order process; provide assistance is closing/managing deals in the systems.
- Lead evaluation and review of all contracts for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to our policies.
- Ensure approvals for non-standard deals have been properly documented, escalated to the right approval levels, and resolved within reasonable time frames.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Product Marketing, Market Readiness and other key teams across the company.
- Establish and manage to key metrics and performance indicators for quoting, order processing and account management support teams. Provide routine program reports and any project updates.
- Drive updates to and train team members on new programs or processes as required.
- Develop new KPIs around sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Key member in internal projects around: pricing strategy, quote to cash, licensing model, new ACV tiger team.
- High level of business acumen.
- Knowledge of software revenue recognition principles.
- 4+ years experience in Sales Operations role in SaaS.
- Experience in Direct and Channel Sales model.
- Experience with pricing strategy.
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal/contract management across Sales, Finance and Legal.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce based quote-to-order processes; knowledge of SFDC and Netsuite is a plus.
- Strong structured problem solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations.
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management.
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Tableau.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Effective change agent, constantly challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology to drive breakthrough results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer