Senior Software Engineer (Data)
Absolute is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Data) to join our Insights development team. You will have opportunities to learn and apply cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world security challenges for our customers.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and building services and applications for extraction, transformation and loading of data into our analytics platform (Insights). You will take ownership of large software components, help to design the architecture, apply your knowledge to optimize the design and then utilize your programming skills to create an efficient and robust solution.
- Design, construct, test and maintain robust and scalable microservices & applications.
- Research, prototype and apply different methods to improve data reliability, fault tolerance and system performance.
- Instrument, monitor and troubleshoot these systems in a Production environment.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews, integration, and automated testing.
- Adopt and improve our Agile development process.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, writing high quality production code, participating in code reviews, debugging, troubleshooting, and solving problems, preferably in a software-as-a-service environment.
- Strong Python development skills, with an emphasis on unit testing.
- Excellent communication skills are a necessity for our asynchronous work environment.
- Positive attitude, drive, and determination to make every project a success.
- AWS development experience (EC2, Lambda, IAM, S3, RDS, Secrets Manager).
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Argo CD.
- Experience developing solutions on Elasticsearch is desirable.
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB experience is desirable.
- Must be comfortable with git, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era. So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Absolute Software Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]