Principal Software Engineer C++
Open to candidates based in Canada and the United States(remote, in office or hybrid status is available).
As a Principal Software Developer, you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of software development, including writing design documentation, coding, unit testing, integration testing, debugging and troubleshooting, supporting customers, and maintenance.
You will have the opportunity to innovate and shape the future of our flagship product – Absolute 7. You will work as part of a scrum team, participating in planning and executing sprints. You will contribute to design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help to improve the overall quality of our code base. You will be joining a team that builds a variety of software, from low-level communications protocols in C++, windows services in C#/C++, on the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms. To be successful, you must be adaptable, flexible and a quick learner with a “can do” attitude.
- Be the technical lead for new product features involving multiple teams
- Own the system design through implementation and deployment
- Design, write, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++, C#
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications and DB
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and fix them!
- Document the investigation, root cause, solution, and design
- Write and maintain high quality unit tests and perform code reviews
- Follow the Absolute Secure Agile SDLC, and the Definition of Done
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 15+ years of software development career staying on technical track.
- C++ experience is essential, especially native Windows development, Win32 API, multi-threading, and IPC.
- Proficient in C++ and C# on Windows; on Mac and/or Linux a plus
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with multithreaded programming, including thread safety, communication, and optimization
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and common design patterns
- Understanding of large-scale database design and performance considerations
- Experience working with NoSQL solutions like MongoDB
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and development/deployment tools like Git, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Experience with secure communication and encryption standards – TLS, PKI, FIPS 140-2
- Excellent oral and written communications skills needed to explain technical issues and designs
- Self-motivated, independent, detail orientated, and responsible team-player
- Bonus: cloud computing, AWS, Azure, Load Balancers, Proxies, Service Mesh
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.