User Experience Designer
AArete is looking for a UX Designer to join the AArete Technology Services (ATS) team.
AArete develops applications and products that are both custom (open source, .Net, Java, React, etc.) and configured (based on libraries/screens in enterprise platforms). These include:
- Analytical applications with interconnected screens and visualizations
- Operational applications (CRM, ERP, BMP, RPA, ticketing systems, etc.)
- Digital properties such as websites, portals and mobile applications (web-based and native)
AArete has previously developed a proprietary framework for accelerated needs analysis and design. The UX Designer is expected to take ownership, and support the improvement and refinement, of this framework.
Why AArete? We are an award-winning global management and technology consulting firm driving client value through strategic profibility improvement, data driven solutions, and market intelligence. We provide expert strategy, implementation, and support across a full spectrum of technology services including data analytics, cloud, and digital transformation initiatives.
We believe that any organization can succeed by enriching and empowering its people. Our own people empower our vision to be a premier global management consulting firm that Fortune 500 and leading organizations trust.
In this role you will be at supporting the consulting and product development arms of AArete. You will be at the forefront of product development that requires state-of-the-art user interfaces built on a foundation of modern data platforms, AI/ML, advanced workflow engines, and on the Cloud.
You will have an opportunity to foster a culture of collaboration and technical expertise while
collaborating with an international team of consultants and developers as a subject matter expert.
You will report directly to the Managing Director of Digital & Technology Services. Periodically, depending on the project, you will also report to leads of client engagement teams and internal product development groups.
The ideal candidate is a driven individual with a distinct design philosophy rooted in relevant training and demonstrated through work products.
This role requires your contribution and leadership in the following areas:
- UX/UI audits, assessments, and design engagements for AArete’s clients; these engagements span operational as well as customer applications
- UX/UI design of internal-facing solutions and external-facing products
- Development of thought leadership around customer experience and engagement
- Collaborating with an international team of UX and graphic designers
- Championing design thinking across our service lines
You are expected to:
- Design and facilitate design workshops, day-in-the-life-of interviews, and journey mapping exercises both in-person and remotely
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop UX and UI designs from initial ideation, through rapid iteration, to supporting assessments, audits, and development efforts
- Build, own, and maintain design systems in collaboration with the consulting and engineering teams to optimize design delivery, ensure consistent design, and reduce recurring engineering implementation costs
- Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in Art, Design, Computer Sciences, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in UX (and UI) design
- Demonstrable track record as a key, hands-on experience/visual designer with experience in the full product development cycle of a successfully launched web, mobil or software application
- Experience working with cross-functional teams — including design, content, SMEs, product, business, and engineering — to provide focus and priority for new features
- Experience using prototyping tools such as Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Zepline, Sketch, etc.
- Excellent written and presentation skills are key to communicating your ideas to an audience of stakeholders, and effectively manage change
- Interest in developing thought leadership materials for AArete’s marketing/sales channels and digital properties
- Interest in working with the Managing Director of Digital & Technology Services to evangelize the Design practice and help inject Design Thinking into all aspects of the firm
- Focus on leadership through expertise, teamwork, and a culture of innovation
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Employer matched 401K
- Shares in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Forbes 2021 list of Best Management Consulting Firms
- Vault’s Top 50 Firms to Work For
- Crain's Chicago Business Fast 50 for a 3rd year
- Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Firms list for the 4th consecutive year
- Consulting Magazine's Fastest Growing Firms for the 4th consecutive year
- AArete acquired DsquaredI in September 2020
- AArete acquired Third (i) Technologies in 2019