We’re passionate, we’re collaborative and we are growing.
AArete is looking for a talented, self-driven Engineer who has the curiosity, creativity, discipline, attention to detail, and perseverance to build awesome solutions using good, clean, code and a wide range of technologies. You will design and develop innovative software applications using the Dot Net framework. You should be able to design and develop complex technical solutions to build multi-tier web or desktop applications. You will work closely with other developers and sometimes directly with clients to build solutions within certain defined architecture framework. If you can bring solid engineering skills to the table, we will teach you the specialized application knowledge you will need to reach full potential in this role.
Why AArete? AArete builds custom software and data analytics for Global 1000 clients in healthcare, transportation & logistics, retail, financial services, and other industries. We hire talented technologists who share our drive to extract insight from information.
A career at AArete provides variety, challenge, and opportunity for advancement. You’ll be entrusted with the success of our strategic clients and the company’s growth each and every day. We believe that any organization can succeed by enriching and empowering its people. Our own people empower our vision to be a premier global management consulting firm that Fortune 500 and leading organizations trust. Derived from the Greek word “arete,” embodying excellence, goodness and virtue, an extra “A” was added to honor our founder’s original partnership at Arthur Andersen & Co. AArete is guided by the following principles: Excellence, Passion, Loyalty to Clients, Stewardship, Family, Community, Sustainability, and Inclusion.
It is an exciting time to join the AArete team. Come join the company named in Vault’s Top 50 Firms to Work For, Crain's Chicago Business Fast 50 for a 3rd year, Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Firms list for the 4th consecutive year and Consulting Magazine's Fastest Growing Firms for the 4th consecutive year.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software engineering, including testing, releases, and changes
- Develop unique, customer-focused solutions and applications using clean, well-designed code along with Agile and TDD (Test Drive Development) principles
- Share expertise and exchange knowledge about your work with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the growth of mobile development, driving architecture, feature, and app delivery
What you’ve already done:
- Earned your bachelor’s or master’s degree from a strong computer science or engineering program
- Sharpened your technical skills and professional habits through 3 to 5 years of SW engineering work
- Agile development, jQuery frameworks, Angular JS or React
What you have:
- Previous client-facing consulting experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Able to deliver multiple projects.
- Able to work in a team or independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Employer matched 401K
- Shares in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)