Principal Data Scientist
Principal Data Scientist
AArete is looking for a Principal Data Scientist to help conceptualize and build a solutions platform to support claims accuracy for our healthcare clients. This team is at the forefront of innovation and development within the company, driving the creation of a novel and scalable product that can benefit our clients.
As the Principal Data Scientist, you will act as a translation layer between business and analytic modeling teams, and work with the technical implementation team to execute the approach. In this role, you will have the opportunity to act as the visionary for AArete to drive the creation of a world class product to help reduce costs for our healthcare payers to ensure claims is paid accurately. This individual will provide leadership and coaching to the team members which will include data scientists, technologists and other healthcare experts while empowering them to do their best work, which will thereby improve our product and thereby client outcomes. You will have an opportunity to foster a culture of collaboration, trust, and technical expertise while collaborating with our leadership as a subject matter expert in order to build a high-quality product using AI and machine learning and drive the product strategy to deliver AArete’s mission.
We are fast growing strategy, operations and technology consulting firm, because of this the bar is set high at AArete. AArete is guided by our deeply embedded principles: Excellence, Passion, Loyalty to Clients, Stewardship, Family, Community, Sustainability, and Inclusion. We strive to continually improve our work environment to allow for high team member engagement and ability to be successful. Join the company named in Vault’s Top 50 Firms to Work For, Crain's Chicago Business Fast 50 for a 3rd year, Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Firms list for the 4th consecutive year, Consulting Magazine's Fastest Growing Firms for the 4th consecutive year and Forbes Magazine’s Best Consulting Firms in America list of 2021.
- Exciting variety of clients and business challenges – from the largest firms in the world to mid-size tech growth companies to colleges and universities
- Culture – collaborative, focused on career/professional development, plentiful opportunities, exciting, and fun!
- Competitive Pay and Benefits – competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401K match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Build an Artificial intelligence differentiated framework/Architecture on the cloud that can be further developed based on market requirements to supports AArete’s vison for the Payment Accuracy team
- Provide Thought Leadership to client teams as a trusted advisor by understanding the clients’ business problems to develop advanced predictive models and exploratory data analyses using AI & Machine Learning that will unveil key data insights leveraging both structured and unstructured data
- Collaborate closely with AArete’s internal Payment Accuracy team to develop a strategic roadmap and handle tactical planning, as well as lead the data science portion of product development
- Build a product road map. Advise project teams on areas where the product can support project priorities, project estimation, external costs, resource requirements, timelines, communication plan, testing requirements implementation and risk mitigation for roadmap projects in alignment with the product roadmap (Key priority is to develop a product that can be applied to a client project)
- Set direction for the Technical Leads, Application/Data/Tool Architects, Developers, Unit/User Acceptance Testing Teams, Quality, Product/Program/Project Managers, internal Business Delivery Teams Data Scientists, and Product Engineers to determine what data insights need to be derived and the problem statement that should guide the analysis in order to solve business problems and develop new products
- Support key initiatives for clients such as new solutions for insight generation, data enrichment and streamlining analytics processes
- Collaborate with Client Advisory Board to understand emerging business problems and develops new products to address those issues
- Lead team of data scientists in collaboration with the business and technology teams in the innovation, development, testing and rollout of innovative healthcare products
- Work with Managing Directors and Directors as a subject matter expert (SME) in pre-sales, sales and business development pursuits related to AArete’s product capability and differentiation
- Inspire analytic R&D within the CODE team with knowledge of a variety of analytics methods and approaches not limited to machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, and analytic principles with agnostic approach to tools used
- Enforce the need to build quality into AArete’s products exemplified by minimal false positive rate by providing timely and actionable feedback synthesized from product teams feedback
- Active member in relation to market thought leadership regarding AArete PI product
- Proven experience developing, managing and scaling data science teams and capabilities
- 7+ years professional experience building statistical, artificial intelligence and machine learning models:
- Supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning
- Logistic Regression, K-Means, Decision Tree, Random Forest, etc.
- Expert level knowledge in a variety of languages commonly used in data analytics (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience working with Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Domo, Vertica, etc.
- Understanding of the nuances of how industry and solution teams work in a professional services company and experience managing such environments:
- Experience collaborating with client facing business focused teams and technical shared services teams to identify and build minimum viable solutions/products for a go-to-market push
- Experience working in a cloud environment and practical knowledge of working with AI & ML platforms such as Azure ML Studio, AWS SageMaker, etc.
- Experience with healthcare data, including claims and encounter data, and how it is collected and utilized across the industry (payer and provider)
- Experience presenting directly to external clients related to business development/sales, as well as delivery of results while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to communicate complex analyses and concepts to non-technical audiences within and outside of the organization
- Experience acting as a SME in client facing meetings to present business cases resulting from analytics models
- Strong desire to mentor teams and provide opportunities for career development
- Clear demonstration of thought leadership on how AI solves business problems