Sales Manager South East Asia
Job description for Sales Manager, South East Asia
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, CCF, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customization plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK SG is the new management headquarter for AAK operations in Asia which is located in Singapore. Here we also have our latest Customer Innovation Center and a full go-to-market team.
This is a permanent position, available immediately, located in Singapore reporting to the AAK Regional Director SEA. The successful candidate will have earlier experience from sales/account management within the food industry.
Key market responsibility will be Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan. As well as being the commercial lead for Bakery segment in SEA.
- Developing new business plans and executing sales strategy
- Sales responsibility for defined markets
- Developing sustainable relationships with customers
- Support the SEA team
- Forecasting and meet budget for sales
- Timely feedback and reporting to management regarding performance
- Develop network of contacts and partners to enhance the profile of AAK
- Manage and update opportunity database in the region
- Develop own relevant knowledge and skills on AAK capabilities
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the food industry
- Experience in sales and/or business development
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship building / internal and external
- Flexible in terms of travel frequently
- Able to work independently
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Commercially minded
- Professional & Enthusiastic
- Excellent communicator across all levels in the hierarchy
- Minimum relevant degree qualification
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.