AAK is looking for a Category Manager to the Purchasing organisation
AAK develops and provides value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long lasting business results. We do so through our in-depth expertise in oils & fats within food applications, working with a wide range of raw materials and broad process capabilities.
Through our unique co-development approach, we bring together our customers’ skills and know-how with our capabilities and mindset. By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries – Chocolate & Confectionery, Bakery, Dairy, Infant Nutrition, Food Service, Personal Care, Technical products and more.
AAK’s proven expertise is based on more than 140 years of experience within oils & fats. With our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, 20 production facilities and customization plants, and sales offices in more than 25 countries, our more than 3,300 employees dedicated to providing innovative value-adding solutions to our customers.
So, no matter where you are in the world, we are ready to help you achieve long lasting results.
We are AAK – The Co-Development Company
The purchasing business organisation consists of a small and dedicated team where we work with high involvement and quick response time. We deliver cost effective solutions to ensure a best in practise procure to pay procedures for AAK.
We are now looking for a Category Manager to our purchasing organisation, serving the European Business Region.
About the position
As Category Manager you will be responsible for strategic ownership, development and management of all suppliers within your category profile by:
- Developing long term strategies to add value to the current supply chain
- Foster relationships with key suppliers to achieve better cost management and quality
- Assuming responsibility for the budget and savings of your category
- Building relationships with internal stakeholders, maximising the category visibility and spend coverage
- Working closely with the Business Region category managers to seek out new opportunity areas and further build on AAK’s procurement strategy
- Rationalise vendors and manage working capital expectations
- Deliver/project manage new initiatives which will increase the impact and scope of business region Europe
- Value Engineer category items
- Ensuring AAK CSR/code of conduct rules are fully adhered to and using appropriate risk management approaches to ensure continuous supply.
The position is based in our office in Karlshamn, Sweden, where also the production unit is placed. The Category Manager reports directly to the Procurement Manager, Kevin Longbone.
Who are you?
We expect you to have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in strategic procurement
- Experience with working in a leading-edge company, known for its purchasing excellence
- A proven track record of achieving cost savings through negotiations and other cost saving initiatives.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure both singular and as part of a team
- A strong motivation to deliver cost savings and challenge the status quo
- A strong degree of flexibility and influencing skills
- A solid understanding of indirect procurement
- A strong judgement and solid business ethics
- Education to bachelor’s degree level (minimum) in technical or business/economics
- Great communication skills, both oral and written, in English
We expect you to see the challenge to ensuring effective communication with the business and managing the supply base to support the agendas of the various AAK areas. You have strong focus on stakeholders, are good at building long-term relationships and are motivated by reaching the department's goals. You have a high drive and a strong business acumen. It is essential that you have a pro-active mind-set and a high level of motivation. You have a structured way of working and interacting with your stakeholders as well as your colleagues. You like to be part of a team, but you are also able to work independently.
Contacts and application
For further information about the position, please contact Procurement Manager, Kevin Longbone, on +46 454-821 44 or email@example.com
If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR Business Partner Marie Sundström, on +46 454 828 67 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application with relevant enclosures in English. We recommend you apply soonest possible, as applications are evaluated continuously, but not later than February 27th, 2019.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.