AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Plant Based Foods, bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
AAK USA currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Buyer, located in AAK’s US Headquarters in Edison, NJ.
The Buyer will have responsibility for purchasing materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processes difficult and unique purchasing transactions according to state and federal statutes, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Examines and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify or complete information, determines method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required, existing open contracts, and/or competitive bidding.
- Prevents bottlenecks in the production department by ensuring all ingredients and packaging materials are in-house in a timely manner and follows up with vendors when they are not.
- Communicates directly with production supervisors and schedulers on delays, special circumstances, etc.
- Stocks economically ideal quantities by working with the weekly production schedule and does not overstock.
- Purchases miscellaneous supplies, such as production, sanitation, and office supplies.
- Sources new ingredients and packaging for new products for the company.
- Negotiates contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings, utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Contacts vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Timely and accurate updating of MRP system data to maintain the integrity of purchasing records.
- Processes supplier returns, credits, and logs.
- Prepares purchase orders and communicates them to relevant parties through email, phone, or fax.
- Follows up and monitors purchase orders to maintain the integrity of the schedule and verify pricing & delivery dates match the order confirmation.
- Promotes communication across departments to identify and drive toward common policies and best practices to achieve cost reductions.
- Stays current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of the impacts.
- Maintains accuracy of stock code information within MRP, including lead time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, etc.
- Ensures MRP parameters are maintained by monitoring minimum, maximum, safety, and current inventory levels; making recommendations to management for adjustments to levels as required.
- Monitors supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications, maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that the supplier is aware of their performance.
- Maintains procurement records and update supplier specifications, artwork files, supplier files, etc.
- Analyzes defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine the source of concern and take corrective action.
- 3+ years of related procurement experience including purchasing, inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationships, basics of Cost Accounting, and tracking budget expenses
- Knowledge of MRP systems and processes
- Work experience in a food service environment
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Ability to respond consistently with a high degree of initiative to resolve issues or complex problems that may arise
- Ability to maintain a positive company image and brand
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, Spanish speaking a +
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite, to include advanced Excel skills, and other work-related software.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.