AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint an experienced Sales Manager who has broad knowledge and practical experience with the commercialisation of Lecithin and food ingredients. The role can be either office based or home based in UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany or France. The successful candidate will play an important role in AAK’s journey to generate accelerated growth into the lecithin industry, by establishing new and farming existing customers into AAK's global ’Go To Market’ organisation.
- Develop sales plans, activities, and campaigns in order to implement the organisation’s overall sales, market segment or product line strategies.
- Managing and developing markets and accounts that are using, or could use, lecithin to improve AAK's market share and profitability globally.
- Drive the implementation of customer innovation to customers in identifying, developing and implementing AAK solutions as part of overall business development.
- Prepare and monitor sales volumes, revenues and costs against forecasts so that AAK can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands.
- A degree in Food Science, Food Technology or related field.
- Experience working within food ingredients, in particular emulsifiers such as lecithin.
- Extensive knowledge of sales processes, tools and techniques.
- Experience identifying and utilising sales trends in the market.
- Strong communicator, able to build and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Ability to present formal recommendations for how AAK can meet customer needs.
- Experience identifying and engaging new and existing customers.
- Ability to close deals and reach final sales agreements.
In return AAK offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.