LEAN SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER-
LEAN SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER-Louisville, KY
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Continuous Improvement Manager for our Louisville, KY manufacturing facility. This position will provide leadership to a workforce in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and responsible for implementation of Companywide process improvements within the organization network and to lead productivity efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Champions AAK Manufacturing System strategy and provides hands-on support and any training during implementation.
- Leads effort to implement best practices across the plant, ensuring adherence to the principles of lean six sigma manufacturing.
- Assists and mentors plant management and RCI teams with planning and facilitation of strategic plans, kaizen workshops, and other lean activities.
- Coaches and trains plant leaders in Lean- Six Sigma Manufacturing, root cause analysis, and problem-solving principles.
- Follows-up with Manufacturing ensuring successful implementation of Future State plans.
- Champions and supports the creation of an RCI engaged culture
- Develops and executes the plan for and drives operational excellence implementation and use of tools (lean, TPM, six sigma) at the plant level
- Provides on-going training and expertise regarding RCI tools
- Provides analytical support to continuously identify gaps, project opportunities, and solutions
- Leads teams to identify opportunities for productivity and cost improvements at site
- Identifies opportunities to integrate continuous improvement tools into the day to day operations of the site
- Shares best practices with other plants and teams.
- Drives goal of total employee involvement in continuous improvement activities
- Reviews / Controls Identify and implement control systems to insure sustainability of
- continuous improvement.
- Participates in RCI Project reviews and ensure consistency in applying tools
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or other comparable engineering degree, or related or equivalent experience.
- Toyota Production Systems trained Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification a must.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma training for multiple sites
- Preferred: Minimum of 7 years’ experience in various manufacturing/operations roles.
- 7 years of successful experience with lean- six sigma manufacturing
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Highly developed problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to deliver training to large groups - experience preferred.
- Experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process.
- Must be 100% hands-on to drive change and implementation of the above responsibilities
- Demonstrated facilitation, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Familiar with diverse manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated capability to learn product lines and manufacturing processes.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Negotiation and selling skills to support change management.
- Ability to setup, track, and document results as required. Execute the plan for and drive operational excellence implementation and use of tools (lean, TPM, six sigma) at the plant level
- Previous experience in the operational aspects of edible oil production is a plus
- Knowledge of edible oil raw materials and production processes, quality control, cost management, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods will be a plus
- Ability to analyze relative costs and benefits of potential actions and choose the most appropriate.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to travel domestic and internationally
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.