Asset Care Manager
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, Foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint an Asset Care Manager to join the Hull Engineering team, working Monday – Friday in a new challenging but exciting role. The role will involve daily and weekly work planning and control of people and tasks to provide a responsive service to internal customers from the Maintenance team, whilst ensuring compliance to QHSE.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a safe place of work through the application of safety policy and procedures.
- Effectively managing and developing a team of maintenance technicians to ensure performance.
- Drive to zero breakdowns through supporting the asset management and maintenance strategy programme.
- Responsive maintenance service through effective planning
- Leading Autonomous Maintenance for the site
- Involvement in small projects, including managing direct reports to deliver and take ownership of a variety of projects
- Responsible for capital investment budget within department and maintenance overtime costs
This role calls for an individual who has a high degree of planning and organisational skills, we are looking for self starter who is proactive with strong leadership skills.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience;
- Time served HNC/ HND in Engineering is essential. Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline would be desirable.
- Working knowledge of world class Maintenance Management and techniques
- IOSH Managing safely (NEBOSH ideal)
- Computer literate
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise workloads.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.