CUSTOMER INNOVATION CHEMIST
CUSTOMER INNOVATION CHEMIST-Port Newark, NJ
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 140 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oils and fats solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Bakery, Chocolate, Dairy, Confectionary, Food Service and Special Nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in Personal Care products, Candles, Animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. Our unique Co-Development approach brings our customers’ skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking to hire a Customer Innovation Chemist for our Port Newark, NJ research and development facility.
The purpose of this position is to support all activities of the Customer Innovation Department: (1) Bench experimentation including product/process development and scale-up (60%) (2) Technical customer support (30%) (3) Applications development (10%)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs fats and oils analysis and formulates fats/oils systems for food applications.
- Manages, conducts and oversees pilot plant/factory trials.
- Provides product and technical support to customers.
- Interfaces with sourcing, operations and engineering teams to accomplish new business goals.
- Performs applications testing as needed.
- Provides project support related to the above and for new launches (internal products or customer products).
- Supports sales team during visit to customers (technical support, presentations).
- Monitors emerging trends and issues in fats and oils industry.
- Education and Experience: Requires BS or MS degree in food science or a related field with 2 or more years related experience
- Specific Working Knowledge and Skills: Previous experience with formulations of fats and oil systems for food applications and hands on experience with pilot scale oil refining equipment is highly desirable. Advanced knowledge of fats and oils chemistry is highly desirable; Familiarity with AOCS analytical methods including GC, HPLC, Mass Spectrometry is highly desirable.
- Competencies and Abilities:
- Supervisory/Team Leadership: Must demonstrate ability to plan and manage a project through all phases, including working collaboratively with cross functional teams to achieve common goals.
- Problem Solving: Define and execute technical, sales, manufacturing and customers product development questions
- Organizational Skills: Must demonstrate exceptional organization skills with the ability to structure projects and processes according to proper protocol and expectations.
- Communication: Required to effectively communicate across all levels and functions within AAK USA and customer organizations
- Team Commitment: Work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of team members possessing varying levels of technical expertise in working toward common goals.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.