Sourcing Project Lead, Sourcing and Trading
Job Description for Sourcing Project Lead
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, CCF, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customization plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK SG is the new management headquarter for AAK operations in Asia which is located in Singapore.
AAK SG carries out global risk hedging activities, raw material sourcing activities and global Shipping activities of all raw materials originated in South East Asia. Moreover, AAK SG plays an important role on global supply Chain and controls of all logistics activities of products manufactured in Malaysia with worldwide destination. It is also proud to open up the state-of-art Customer Innovation Center for AAK in South-East Asia.
Despite being a relative new office in Singapore, we are proud to have a good working culture and environment. Being a multicultural and multinational team, the company culture is very vibrant and dynamic.
- University degree in: Business administration, engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial or agriculture).
- Fluent in oral/written English. Mandarin and/or Bahasa would be an advantage.
- IT-competent. Skilled user of MS Office. Understanding of ERP.
- Understanding of commodity risk.
- Knowledge in project management and veg-oil processing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the veg-oil industry. Preferably in sourcing and/or operations. Strong understanding of sourcing/procurement. Strong understanding of Veg-oil supply chain.
- SOURCING RELATED:
- To liaise with traders on regards of sourcing requirements for each grade of oil. Conceptualize and ideate projects.
- For each identified upstream sourcing project:
a) In agreement with traders create an objective
b) Carry out a SWOT analysis
c) Carry out project assessment based on economical driver/strategical driver
d) Project presentation/evaluation with S&T director
- Create upstream sourcing projects and define activities/timeline/resources/budget;
- Project Monitoring including progress, project administration, manage project risks, develop contingency plans for the project(if required), identify project’s requirement for management support and prepare project’s report for sponsor.
- Responsible for delivering the project like evaluation and follow-up recommendations
- SUSTAINABILITY RELATED:
a) Support on carrying out data collection. This requires internal / external interaction. Including direct/indirect traceability to mill and traceability to plantation.
b) Mill verification. On-site mill assessment for identified high-risk mills.
- Sustainability awareness：
a) Awareness. Together with relevant suppliers, organise sustainability workshops with stakeholders (millers, farmers, crushers or refineries).
b) Training. Support in training farmers to meet sustainable principles or criteria for selected schemes.
c) AAK sustainability policy adherence. Police supplier’s adherence to AAK’s sustainability policies. Keep records.
d) Identify potential sustainability risks coming from suppliers.
- SUPPLIER’s APPROVAL RELATED
1. Onboarding New suppliers to AAK’s (SIM) supplier approval system.
2. Updating SIM. Support traders on collecting supplier’s missing or expired documentation.
3. Liaise between AAK’s QA and Supplier’s QA.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.