Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR -Port Newark, NJ
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Plant Based Foods, bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor for our Port Newark, NJ manufacturing facility. The Maintenance Mechanics Team Leader leads the plant’s mechanical staff’s daily activities and coordinates maintenance activities in junction with Operations daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Assures the prompt and timely completion of assigned work orders by efficiently directing the appropriate personnel to various jobs
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance crews
- Oversees the troubleshooting, assessment and correction of issues related to process equipment systems comprised of pumps, agitators, heat exchangers, tanks, reactors, boilers, cooling towers, compressors, piping systems, valves, and other mechanical systems and controls
- Directs and provides guidance on high precision maintenance activities including but not limited to:
- precision alignment and mounting of rotating equipment,
- valve and actuator rebuild and repacking,
- welding (TG, MIG, Stick)
- hoisting, rigging, and movement of heavy equipment,
- troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment failures and determining resolution
- Oversees the operation of different types of powered industrial trucks, including forklifts, scissor lifts, articulating boom lifts, and tele-handlers
- Trains mechanical staff as necessary
- Assures the documentation of all work in the CMMS system, and ensures mechanical staff appropriately documents resources and labor in the CMMS
- Assures sound maintenance and repairs by monitoring work crews and conducting follow-up inspections
- Oversees the estimate of materials and labor requirements to complete assigned tasks, and works with Planner/Scheduler to ensure sufficient parts and resources are available to execute work, including instrumentation and controls craftspersons.
- 3 - 5 years as a maintenance mechanic in oil, chemical, pharmaceutical or process manufacturing facility
- Must have managed maintenance crews in a leader or supervisory capacity
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Apprenticeship and/or trade school education is preferred
- Strong problem solving and math skills
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management and organizational skills
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.