AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Refinery Technician to join the Hull Manufacturing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for blending and transferring of oils and the loading and in-loading of Tankers. This position will operate on a 24/5 shift basis.
- To achieve best in class operating performance and ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- Start up, shutdown and operation of the process with maximum efficiency.
- To undertake problem solving and decision making within a fast-moving process environment and within a self-managed, continuous improvement environment.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to make the plant more efficient.
- Monitor all important process variables making adjustments to ensure the process stays within normal safe operating limits whilst maintaining quality parameters.
- Report and track any maintenance issues or safety issues found during the shift and through operator care.
- Respond positively and effectively to changing customer needs.
- Execute basic mechanical and preventative maintenance tasks to minimise unplanned downtime.
- Demonstrate a high level of skills using computerised systems, i.e. SCADA, CMMS, Excel, SAP.
- Being a Fire Marshal, Safety Rep and/or First Aider.
- Experience within a similar industrial process environment. (e.g. Food, Pharma, Petro Chemical, Chemicals etc).
- Experience of manufacturing processes.
- NVQ Level 3/HNC in Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Basic Mechanical Engineering and diagnostic skills.
- Working knowledge of FSSC 22 000 & BRC.
- Knowledge and application of continuous improvement and problem solving methods e.g. 5S/5Y, Kaizen, Lean six Sigma.
- Commitment to high manufacturing safety standards.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with liquid transfer systems, tanks and vessels.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.