STAFF ACCOUNTANT-Louisville, KYAAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Further information on AAK can be found on the company’s website www.aak.com.
We are currently seeking to hire a Staff Accountant for our Louisville, KY location.
- Takes ownership of daily cash reconciliation, AR postings
- Maintenance of AR subsidiary ledger
- Follow up with customers on past due accounts
- Assists in requests for credit from customer
- Works with the Controller to maintain the General Ledger and perform financial reporting
- Assists in the monthly closing process and its timely completion.
- Assists in managing wire transfers and ACH payments
- Takes ownership of daily inventory reconciliation including reconciling receipts and shipments
- Assists, supports and drives ad-hoc tasks on a regular basis
- Drives improvements within accounting and finance on a continuous basis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Accounting, Compliance and Internal Control
- Works with the Accounting Manager to maintain accuracy of accounting from an IFRS and Company standards point of view
- Applies a continuous improvement of accounting in terms of accuracy, efficiency and regulatory compliance
- With the Accounting Manager, heads the monthly closings and makes sure it is performed with adequate precision and in a timely fashion
- Manages and confirms Inter-company balances for monthly closings and makes any necessary journal entries.
- Performs all reconciliations and corresponding journal entries related to the refinery side of the business
- Performs all necessary steps to provide a daily shrinkage report for the refinery
- Processes all wire transfers with the Accounting Supervisor and Controller
- Performs daily cash reconciliations of bank accounts
Assists with and drives ad-hoc tasks related to, but not limited to, accounting, financial reporting, tax process, payments, cash management, budgets, forecasts and other company initiatives and issues
- Continuously improves own role as well as helping the finance team and other, internal stakeholders
- BS Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3-5 Years of Corporate General Accounting experience
- Experience with Excel
- Experience utilizing an established ERP system (SAP or similar) a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA K1, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.