BAKERY CUSTOMER INNOVATION APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST
BAKERY CUSTOMER INNOVATION APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST-Louisville, KY
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Further information on AAK can be found on the company’s website www.aak.com.
Due to unprecedented growth, we are currently seeking to hire an experienced Bakery Customer Innovation Applications Specialist for our Louisville, KY location.
This hands on position will support all activities of the Customer Innovation function including: (1) product application and development (50%); (2) technical customer support (30%), (3) bench experimentation/research (20%)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage customer driven as well as self-directed product development projects with a focus on bakery category
- Perform and/or assist the formulation of fat based solutions in bakery and confections for baked products
- Assist with formulation and provide customer support for product and ingredient development in other food application segments (frying, special nutrition, plant based-dairy).
- Conduct fats and oils analysis as required, perform data analysis and write product specifications
- Provide comprehensive technical service/support to internal and external customers
- Conduct and oversee pilot plant/plant trials including sample fulfillment
- Interface with sales, marketing and operations to accomplish business segment goals
- Work with customers to develop new products and introduce novel uses for existing products
- Develop and lead educational product application seminars
- Up to 20% local and national travel
• BA/BS, preferably in food science, chemistry or a related field.
•3-5 years of experience in the bakery area (formulations, products, market) and culinary training and/or experience is a plus
•Hands-on background and familiarity with ingredients (interactions, processing conditions, equipment and evaluations)
•Strong project management skills and adequate business acumen
•Team oriented and capable to work independently
•Previous experience with product formulations highly desirable
•Good laboratory skills is required and a basic knowledge of fats and oil chemistry is a plus
•Familiarity with AOCS Methods is highly desirable.
•Good communication and presentation skills are a must for interaction with customers and functioning in a team environment.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.