AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
The last couple of years AAK has seen some important achievements within several functions across the globe. This has given us a strong foundation for our company program, The AAK Way, that will guide us up through 2019.
The key focus for The AAK Way is to enable AAK to continue to deliver strong organic growth. This will be achieved by focusing on five priority areas—Go to Market, Operational Excellence, Special Focus Areas, Innovation, and People. We want to reach our management ambition by improving, on average, our operating profit by 10 percent per year, supporting a good and consistent earnings per share improvement. We aim to build a stronger AAK for the short, mid, and long term.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a number Demand Planners to join the European Demand Planning team. Responsible for ensuring operations are timely, efficient and cost effective. You will ensure that Demand Planning activities are accurate and well maintained and assist with implementing new and innovative ways of working to improve current processes, across AAK’s European sites. This role will include Travel between AAK’s European sites.
- Analyse sales forecasts to effectively and accurately forecast future demand.
- Ensure forecast and capacity are aligned.
- Examine and challenge sales data to ensure accurate forecasting of demand.
- Compare historical figures to identify trends and recognise change.
- Present information regarding demand signal and forecasts to the Sales and Operations teams.
- Set and work to KPI’s to ensure maximum accuracy and productivity.
- Accurately maintain data for audit trails.
- Manage and produce accurate and relevant reports to aid decision making.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key Stakeholders.
- Educated to Degree Level.
- High level of Stakeholder engagement skills, across all levels.
- Ability to interpret data and make decisions.
- Skilled in deductive reasoning.
- Strong presentation skills.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Able to challenge in an appropriate manner and identify areas for change.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
- SAP experience advantageous.
In return AAK offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Company bonus scheme.
- A culture that invests and promotes, growth and development.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.