AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 140 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oils and fats solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Bakery, Chocolate, Dairy, Confectionary, Food Service and Special Nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in Personal Care products, Candles, Animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. Our unique Co-Development approach brings our customers’ skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results. AAK has four manufacturing facilities in the US. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking to hire a Plant Controller who will lead our Finance and Accounting team and serve as a senior manager and strategic partner to the business at our Port Newark, NJ manufacturing facility near New York City. The role is based out of Edison, NJ, but frequent visits to the manufacturing facility are expected and required. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller directs the accounting operations, fiscal responsibilities, cash management, and risk management. Total reports include a team of 5 employees in Accounting, Cost accounting, Account Receivables and Account Payables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Drives the financial performance of Port Newark and Edison operations to support improvements in shareholder value creation. Also delivers sustainable improvements in the plant cash generation.
- Partners with the CFO for AAK USA to execute the strategy for the business and aligns it with the corporate strategy. Prioritizes actions and investments and establishes KPIs to track implementation progress.
- Supports the decision-making process in the business by providing thoughtful and proactive financial information.
- Leads in consolidation of financials, ensuring compliance with regulatory and local statutory requirements.
- Partners with the CFO for AAK USA to manage the AAK USA corporate finance team (including tax and treasury); interfaces with senior management, external and internal auditors and tax counsels.
- Manages the Edison finance and accounting team, including effective recruitment, training, and development of team.
- Drives standardization of finance and accounting processes to provide consistent data across the Port Newark and Edison operations.
- Coordinates with internal audit to harmonize and drive continuous improvement in finance and internal control processes to promote a strong internal control environment.
- Proactive controlling, proposes and drives improvements as productivity, working capital, head count optimization, and contract management.
- Monitors the commodity position for all the oils. Develops procedures for maintaining, recording, and reporting the positions including the mark-to-market valuation.
- Compiles and issues accurate financial statements on a timely basis.
- Prepares necessary reports for filing with the state and local tax authorities.
- Measures the financial and operational performance of the business and reports this information in ongoing reports to management. Also prepares various financial analyses for management.
- Provides information needed by outside auditors to examine the company’s financial statements and accounting system.
- Coordinates the creation of the annual budget, as well as testing it for achievability, together with the Corporate finance team and the other site controllers.
- Calculates variances between actual and budgeted results and reports the reasons for the variances to management.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Monitors the company’s compliance with rules, regulations and insurance.
- Complies with any filing requirements imposed by local, state, or Federal Authorities.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience for a major company or division of a large manufacturing corporation. Experience in the foods or sustainable oils manufacturing business a plus.
- Prior Accounting and Finance staff supervisory experience.
- Commodities experience a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (IFRS).
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations a plus.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.