AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Runcorn is the home to AAK Foods, a major manufacturer and supplier of sauces, condiments and dressings to the retail and foodservice sectors.
Our private label work has won awards for taste and quality, and our products can be found on the shelves of stores throughout the world.
From our site on Davy Road, to the east of the town centre, we work with customers to co-develop new recipes for grocery private label products, retail restaurants, quick service restaurants, foodservice and food ingredients.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint an Engineer to join the Runcorn Engineering team, working on a Monday – Friday, 3 Shift pattern. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting production lines, undertaking effective maintenance of equipment and ensuring any breakdowns are managed in a timely manner to ensure production levels are maintained.
- Install, test and maintain all plant, services and buildings within the site.
- Assist external contractors as required.
- Carry out site PPM’s to Shire maintenance system.
- Liaise with production to provide pro-active support to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
- Comply with H&S, Food Safety and HACCP procedures.
- Identify and implement new areas for continuous improvement.
- Stand in for Senior Shift Engineer when required.
- Attend Site meetings.
- Follow area GMP assessments take action when required and report on findings.
- Work with the Senior Shift Engineer to initiate cost saving improvements to improve site efficiencies.
- Qualified in an Engineering discipline, Level 3 or above required.
- Electrical bias.
- Previous experience working within FMCG or Pharmaceutical advantageous.
- Proficient in computer systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; effective communicator across all levels of the organisation.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent team player.
- Able to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
In return AAK offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Company pension 3% Employee, 5% employer.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Bonus scheme
- Investment in training and development.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.