PERSONAL CARE ACCOUNT MANAGER, Midwest US Region
PERSONAL CARE ACCOUNT MANAGER, Midwest Region
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
In response to our continued market success, AAK USA Personal Care has an opening for an experienced Account Manager for the Midwest region. This position will grow the AAK Personal Care Midwest account base while deepening and broadening existing account relationships within the region. The successful candidate will uncover, identify, and create new sales opportunities by applying comprehensive account and territory knowledge with well-developed technical knowledge of the personal care industry in conjunction with AAK ingredients and applications. This position is home-based in the MW region and will require frequent collaboration with our Global Personal Care team located in Europe. The territory consists primarily of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio with concentrations in the metro areas of Chicago, Minneapolis, and Cincinnati.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- The Account Manager will be the expert advisor to the Research and Development community within the target account and geography while promoting AAK technologies and products.
- The Account Manager also works with other key decision makers in purchasing, quality, and regulatory departments to facilitate knowledge and win approval of AAK ingredients in new products or as replacements of competitive products.
- Direct customer contact includes frequent personal visits to cosmetic chemists and product development staff to educate demonstrate and present the technical benefits of AAK products, to learn about recent trends, and identify new sales opportunities.
- In addition, the Account Manager develops trust and support to the varied disciplines of key customer contacts, ensuring the security of existing business, and cultivating a fertile environment for new sales.
- A full understanding of competitive activity, organizational structure, technological changes, and customer needs is essential for successful sales development for AAK Personal Care.
- Frequent travel estimated at 50% is required to achieve expected results.
- 4 year university degree with chemistry or life sciences preferred
- 5+ years demonstrated success in direct sales to the US Midwest cosmetic and personal care or similar industry required.
- Candidate must be able to work well independently, as well as in a team. Must be highly self-motivated with strong ability to set and achieve goals.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, be organized, and have ability to solve problems. Should possess demonstrated strengths in technical, business, and personal disciplines.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.