Recently acquired BD Foods in Hastings join AAK International, as part of the Global Foodservice Group. Established in 2001 with a growing portfolio of over 3,000 products, BD Foods is a producer of tailor-made restaurant quality meal accompaniments.
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Chef to join the BD Foods Manufacturing Team.
- To manufacture a range of products to the standards as set out in the Company Policy & Procedures Manual and to meet the required product recipe.
- To carry out hot and cold fill packaging and chilling as required; ensuring the standards as set out in the Company Policy & Procedures Manual is adhered to.
- To ensure machinery is thoroughly cleaned as required; in line with the standards as set out in the Company Policy & Procedures Manual.
- To ensure work area is clean, sanitised, tidy and well maintained.
- To report maintenance requirements for both machinery and work area to the supervisor.
- To complete relevant records for cleaning activities, following the standards as set out in the Company Policy & Procedures Manual.
- To complete appropriate records for goods produced ensuring the standards as set out in the Company Policy & Procedures Manual are maintained.
- To follow the stock rotation procedure and to report any shortages to the supervisor/line manager.
- To ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained both personally and within the work area.
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- To behave in a non discriminatory manner in accordance with the B&DFL Ethical Trading Policy.
- Carry out duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Ability to cook or experience of cooking in a similar environment is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Knowledge of hygiene practices.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.