Supply Chain Director
Supply Chain Director-Edison, NJ
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Plant Based Foods, bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain Director. The Supply Chain Director leads the integrated AAK US Supply Chain team and manages the coordination across functions and sites to deliver the highest level of service to AAK USA customers, in the most efficient way, at the optimal cost. The Supply Chain Team includes S&OP, Demand Planning, Capacity Planning, Transportation, Customer Service Toll Manufacturing and Purchasing functions across the AAK USA Food Ingredient network of sites. This job is located at our corporate headquarters in Edison, NJ
It is expected that the Supply Chain Director will:
- Lead and manage the S&OP, Demand Planning, Capacity Planning, Transportation, Customer Service Toll Manufacturing and Purchasing functions across the AAK USA Food Ingredient network of sites.
- Work closely with the site Production scheduling teams to optimize the production network, ensure capacity is sufficient to meet demand, and best serve our customers.
- Collaborate with the Sourcing & Trading team to generate raw material requirements from the demand plan and ensure the sourcing plan supports production.
- Team with purchasing to ensure ingredient purchasing strategies for replenishment efficiently meet the demand plan and complement site restrictions for storage and shelf life, negotiate transportation contracts, and establish agreements for other logistics services.
- Establish efficient procedures with the Contract team for converting sales contracts into orders for fulfillment.
- Develop and maintain tools to model production capacity measured against the demand plan.
- Qualify toll manufacturing partners to add capacity or enhance service for customers.
- Work closely with IT to scope and execute projects to improve efficiency, accuracy, and collaboration.
- Maintain relationships with vendors critical to supporting AAK business and create contingency plans for back-up vendors.
- Make decisions regarding the movement, storage and processing of inventory with focus on the most efficient levels for plants, warehouses and toll manufacturers.
- Be a role model and demonstrate the company’s core values.
- Create new processes, as well as leverage existing best practices.
- Represent the US in global Supply Chain initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Leads, develops and improves the S&OP processes and policies for the US using an interactive approach and methodology to align commercial, financial, operational and material plans.
- Develops the customer service vision and strategy for AAK USA with metrics to determine effectiveness, including On Time In Full.
- Manages rail fleet size, rail leasing contracts, and rail rate contracts with providers.
- Contracts bulk and package trucking partners to deliver target service levels for customers.
- Manages customer feedback system and ensure process for responding/resolving to customer complaints meets defined target metrics.
- Oversees customer return approval and execution process.
- Manages toll manufacturing and warehousing partners and the systems for fulfilling orders via partners.
- Performs benchmark studies regarding alternative, more cost-efficient supply chain scenarios.
- Coordinate with the Customer Innovation team to develop plans to support integration of new products within the plants.
- Coordinates daily with the customer service team to notify customers of the status of delays and problems in production and both track and coordinates order changes from customers as well as due to AAK.
- Place and track execution of internal network supply orders to support customer demand and production.
- Manage and monitor inbound international shipments of raw materials to storage terminals to meet supply plans and company financial objectives.
- Create, track, and monitor key Supply Chain KPIs to drive success of the business.
- BA/BS degree in supply chain, logistics, engineering, business or other related fields
- Candidates with MBA preferred.
- 8+ years Supply Chain and Procurement management experience in a process manufacturing environment
- Good analytical, statistical, communication, presentation and system skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
- Must be a team builder who is adept at working efficiently and effectively with multiple departments and all levels within the organization.
- Experience with analytical/business intelligence tools.
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time to visit production sites, vendors, tolling partners, and industry events
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.