Plant Maintenance and Reliability Manager
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as plant based foods, bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking a Plant Maintenance and Reliability Manager for our Richmond, CA facility, who will provide a single point accountability for all Maintenance, Reliability and Facility activities. Enables site Operations to perform with best in class efficiencies in total compliance of all safety, company and regulatory requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Ensure an environment that is safe by reinforcing a “safety first” culture.
- Lead all site Maintenance, Facility and Reliability activities
- Utilize all resources (personnel & financial) to ensure Plant operates at maximum equipment utilization and efficiency
- Tenaciously address all unplanned site downtime events in order to return site to “Safe, Reliable Operations” as soon as feasible. In addition, work actively to asses any failures, identify cause
and deploy counter-measures to prevent recurrence.
- Provide direct Supervision and develop all members of the Maintenance/Reliability function
- Ensure equipment availability to meet defined production schedule.
- Document all incident reports using AIRS ( AAK Incident Reporting System) as required (EHSS, Quality, Service, or other) - Utilize a factual based incident reporting format with an emphasis on establishing a clear Sequence of Events (SOE)
- Create and establish controls to manage via AAK USA KPI’s for Maint/Facility activities to monitor and improve performance
- Lead and develop predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance activities.
- Manage site spares, stores, & critical spare program.
- Manage and be the “keeper” of the facility Computerized Maintenance Management System( CMMS)
- Document all activities through this software; utilize tools to optimize effectiveness of department and interactions with internal customers (Production) and other functions (QA, etc.)
- Site lead for utility system management - to include, but not limited to, Natural Gas/Cogen, Electrical, Water, Waste Water Systems, Cooling Systems, Ammonia Refrigeration, Industrial Gasses and Compressed Air.
- Solid understanding of mechanical, electrical, automation troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated skill in promoting innovation initiative and improvement in line with AAK goals.
- Ability to quickly learn technical aspects.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills aligned with the Discuss, Decide, Champion behavioral capability
- Actively identify gaps in site Maintenance/Reliability systems and systematically work to close them
- Utilize Rapid Continuous Improvement (CI, or RCI) as a routine tool - Identify, prioritize and execute projects
- Site knowledge leader on Equipment & Parts specification. Establish site criteria and/or Part/Equipment standards and manage site compliance to these standards.
- Participate as a key member on site HAACP team
- Schedule and Manage all pre-determined Plant shut-downs; Work directly with Supply Chain Lead and Production Manager
- Prepare to support Operations by having capability to back-fill site Production Manager for absences.
- In all duties - exercise independent thought and judgement to make decisions consistent with company culture and philosophy.
- BS Degree preferably in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering or related.
- 10 years+ progressive experience in a Manufacturing environment with at least 5 years directly leading Maintenance/Facility.
- Firm understanding of Plant/Production Maintenance and Facility Operations. Key competencies around mechanical, electrical, Automation and Process Control Systems (will be the site lead for all).
- Knowledge of managing Maintenance/Reliability activities in a Process/Plant based environment.
- Strong knowledge of Process based industries and their unit operations.
- Knowledge of Packaging operations a plus.
- Experience with 24/7 Operations - willingness to adapt and/or have flexible established schedule
- Demonstrated ability to utilize resources to accomplish objectives.
- Working knowledge of industry regulations - local, state, Federal - Environmental, Safety (OSHA), Quality/Food Safety; BRC
- Microsoft Skills - familiarity and ability to utilize common MS Office suite - Excel, Word, PPT
- Familiarity and understanding of site Process Control and HMI Software.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting, cause finding and taking corrective actions to address system shutdowns in a high pressure environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.