AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
Working as part of the Hull Operations team, AAK (UK) Ltd are seeking to appoint a Production Manager within our food manufacturing facility who will be responsible for delivering product of the highest quality on time and in full by using well developed leadership skills and modern manufacturing techniques.
The Production Manager role calls for an individual who can lead the team to deliver the product of the right quality, at the right time, in the right quantity for the right cost, in a safe and effective manner.
As a Production Manager you will be responsible for all production staff on shift. You will also work closely with Engineering and Warehouse Management to ensure cooperation between business functions.
Your immediate responsibilities will be to ensure that both Health & Safety and production volume and quality standards are maintained, whilst also performing line management and appraisal duties for your direct reports. You will be part of the plant's management team and as such will be involved in all continuous improvement and lean manufacturing projects within the production operation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Oversee production and ensure production targets are consistently met.
- Identify losses and work with the team to identify ways to eliminate such.
- Liaise with the production and commercial teams to ensure that products meet current legislation standards and products comply with customer specifications.
- Lead, supervise and motivate factory operatives and supervisors, identifying where training is needed.
- Degree in Engineering and proven track record of Project Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; effective communicator across all levels.
- Experience leading or managing a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivated, must be able to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of Food Safety and H&S practices.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise workloads.
- Strong team player.
- A track record in achieving results through coaching, motivating and developing a team to improve engagement and meet increasing production demands.
- Continuous Improvement initiatives that develop and implement systems and procedures to drive and improve operational efficiencies.
- FMCG experience advantageous.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.