PROCESS MANUFACTURING SHIFT MANAGER
PROCESS MANUFACTURING SHIFT MANAGER-Richmond, CA
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 140 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oils and fats solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Bakery, Chocolate, Dairy, Confectionary, Food Service and Special Nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in Personal Care products, Candles, Animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. Our unique Co-Development approach brings our customers’ skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking to hire a Shift Manager for our Richmond, CA manufacturing facility.
This position provides the Richmond facility with a single point accountability for all Production/Operations activities on a rotating shift basis, ensuring that site Operations performs with best in class efficiencies in total compliance (EHSS), Quality, Customer Service and Productivity. Lead and Develop best in class systems and embed in Site Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly Supervises Operations unit employees on shift by delegating tasks, coordinating and informing employees, and ensuring compliance with all site processes and procedures.
- Accountable to deliver all defined business objectives for assigned area.
- Enforce all Company and site policies and standards, including but not limited to, safety, quality, customer service and productivity. Accountable for the performance and policy adherence of teams under your direct Leadership.
- Effectively communicate Company and Site priorities to assigned area
- Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization in assigned area.
- Accountable to execute Manufacturing Operations according to directions established by Planning/Supply Chain
- Accountable for all site payroll, timekeeping and attendance for assigned Employees; including completing all related forms or reports.
- Ensure all activities are staffed with trained and qualified Operators to meet the commitments of Plant availability to the Supply Chain.
- Hire, promote, train, assign work to, monitor the performance of, discipline and discharge employees. Complete all HR related documentation.
- Orient new employees and provide training on all site-related processes and activities
- Provide feedback at regular intervals to team members and conduct performance evaluations of assigned employees
- Inform pre-shift and shift change meetings to communicate any issues, concerns and information as appropriate.
- Maintain teamwork, consistency, and fairness among all employees to foster a positive work environment.
- Administer collective bargaining agreement (CBA)
- Respond to all identified or perceived Mechanical failures. Restore safe Operations to minimize plant downtime.
- Execute comprehensive investigations on all events/deviations as needed. Establish factors leading to an event, identify and install counter-measures to Production Operations.
- Manage the coordination of production activities with additional site activities
- Create Task Breakdowns, JHA/JSA, establish Best in Class (BiC) Ways of Work (WoW) and embed in systematic process throughout all activities in Production/Operations.
- In all duties, exercise independent and sound judgment to make decisions consistent with Company culture and philosophy.
- Understanding of Process Manufacturing Equipment and Environment - key Operational challenges and Troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of Process based industries and their unit operations.
- Critical inter-personal skills - Must be able to tactfully navigate and influence with all peers that have varying experiences and objectives.
- Compliance: Working knowledge of industry regulations - local, state, Federal - Environmental, Safety (OSHA), USCG, Quality/Food Safety; BRC; FSMA; HACCP
- Experience in a 24 hr production facility leading - willingness to adapt and/or have flexible established schedule
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting, cause finding and taking corrective actions to address system shutdowns in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of Vegetable Oil unit operations a plus.
- Experience and/or functional expertise in one of four key site areas: EHS, Quality, Maint/Engineering, Manufacturing/Production Systems
- Resourcefulness - demonstrated ability to utilize resources to accomplish objectives.
- Microsoft Skills - familiarity and ability to utilize common MS Office suite - Excel, Word, PPT
- Process Software - Familiarity and understanding of site Process Control software (Wonderware) and HMI Software.
- 4 yr degree, preferably in Engineering, plus 2-5 years experience in Manufacturing
- Or 5+ years within Process Manufacturing with proven leadership experience
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.