FOODSERVICE SITE SAFETY LEAD-Hillside, NJ
FOODSERVICE SITE SAFETY LEAD-Hillside, NJ
AAK Foodservice, a division of AAK USA, a Swedish based, world leading producer of high value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats, is a National Foodservice Manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our employees. We make it our mission to ensure the safety of all employees, develop a highly engaged workforce, and enable our customers to meet their goals while operating in a sustainable and ethical fashion.
We make safe, enjoyable food for customers and consumers while adhering to our team values. At AAK Foodservice we encourage and challenge each other, by speaking honestly and openly and being committed and accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhance trust within our team.
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Site Lead for our Foodservice manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ
This position is responsible for technically advising and leading EH&S practices and programs to protect the employees, customers and the environment, championing comprehensive oversight for safe, compliant operations for manufacturing facilities, offices, laboratories, and pilot projects, meeting government safety regulations and industry standards, inspecting and evaluating the equipment, environment and processes. Also responsible for promoting understanding and adherence to all aspects of safety, leading the enterprise to sustainable “target zero.”
This person is also responsible for implementing corporate Process Safety policies, standards, and guidelines, and facilitating and/or overseeing process hazard analyses and revalidations. Participates in and conducts audits to ensure compliance with OSHA General Duty and Process Safety Management, EPA and other federal, state and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and implements corporate EH&S programs, policies, procedures, training, and reporting
- Champions organizational compliance, evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices of all safety standards and government regulations
- Guides management of hazards associated with process safety management, ensuring comprehensive program is maintained to integrate technologies, procedures, and management practices
- Conducts chemical and SDS risk assessment as well as operations risk assessments to specify engineering controls and other regulatory requirements are applicable
- Develops and implements environmental strategies in the work place, auditing and analyzing environmental practices for sustainability (including workplace pollution control, waste management and recycling) for assigned location(s).
- Undertakes regular statutory compliance audits, PSM, JSA process reviews, and QA assessment of safety management systems
- Directs accident investigation programs, reports or reviews findings, notes trends, and develops programs for improving performance
- Provides and communicates employee safety training and communication programs, Contingency Planning, Emergency Response, and H&S evaluations / implementation
- Sets environmental and safety priorities and goals consistent with corporate objectives.
- Specifies EH&S guidelines and directives for internal governance and internal controls
- Acts on quantitative measurements and coordinates solutions, presentations, and detailed reporting on safety performance and continuous improvements
- Establishes cross functional teams to coordinate delivery of compliant, safety performance
- Defines solutions which support EHS policy integration into facility operations
- Determines improvements which provide reliable, successful EH&S programs
- 7+ years EHS leadership experience in a process manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or other related field of study
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is preferred
- Knowledge of food processing, packaging, GMP, mechanical engineering, vegetable oil and hydrogen plant operations helpful
- Experience in leading and directing the work of others with strong team orientation, ability to influence, and collaboration with all levels of leadership
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal and communicative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and ERP applications
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies
- Experience and judgment to perform a variety of complex tasks
- Skilled in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail
- Ability to coach and work directly with plant managers and supervisors at each location providing support at the level they need to fulfill their EHS responsibilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write English fluently, in order to perform the essential job functions. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is highly desired.
- Ability to work in the USA without the need for current or future work visa sponsorship
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.