Senior Shift Manager
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Runcorn is the home to AAK Foods, a major manufacturer and supplier of sauces, condiments and dressings to the retail and foodservice sectors.
Our private label work has won awards for taste and quality, and our products can be found on the shelves of stores throughout the world.
From our site on Davy Road, to the east of the town centre, we work with customers to co-develop new recipes for grocery private label products, retail restaurants, quick service restaurants, foodservice and food ingredients.
About the role
AAK Runcorn are currently recruiting for a Senior Shift Manager to join the Runcorn Manufacturing team. Working a three shift pattern the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring volume, quality and cost goals are achieved, effectively managing the Shift Team and driving continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage and motivate all direct reports and Shift Team.
- Coach and develop the team to maintain a productive and motivated workforce.
- Work to and achieve individual and site KPI’s – including performance, budget, efficiency and productivity.
- Drive continuous improvement using modern manufacturing techniques.
- Develop and implement manufacturing schedules and allocate the workforce effectively across site.
- Ensure regular communication of Factory performance.
- Drive absence management across the team.
- Conduct daily operations reviews.
- Produce effective training and development plans.
- Ensure HACCP and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Maintain correct CCP control to ensure zero defects, internally and externally.
- Effective cost management.
- Ensure maximum efficiency of shift handovers.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience.
- Health and Safety and HACCP intermediate.
- Strong leadership and management experience.
- Able to work effectively within in a team or on own initiative.
- Experience working with good manufacturing and engineering practices, including Lean Manufacturing.
- Able to effectively solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of SMED (single minute exchange die).
- Six Sigma (Desirable).
- Degree in Food Science, Business, Manufacturing or similar (Desirable).
In return AAK offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Company pension that exceeds that statutory pension rate for employers contribution.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Bonus reaching 12% of annual salary (based on company performance).
- Investment in training and development.
- A culture that empowers you to be innovative and allows you to challenge convention.
- Commitment to smarter global collaboration, learning and sharing of best practices in a virtual team environment.
- Rewards that reflect individual performance.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.