CI Process Technologist
To strengthen the team, we are looking for a:
CI Process Technologists margarines / oils & fats
(Based in the EU Customer Innovation Center Bakery, Merksem, Belgium – Belgian Payroll)
- You drive development projects with regards to extruded fat, margarine and pumpable shortening solutions, from the first test on pilot plant scale to final production on plant level. Together with the responsible Customer Innovation Manager (CIM), you run the projects and assure the process technological part of the development.
- You organise and support the execution of the production trials
- You ensure together with the Technical Product Manager (TPM) the implementation of new raw materials in the production site and according to agreed specs
- You ensure proper handover (“handshake”) of the new development from CI to operations
- You ensure that:
- developed products meet customer specifications
- developed products are produced according AAK production standards and efficiency requirements
- developed processes are robust, well documented and compliant to ISO / BRC and other desired regulations (Kosher, Halal, ...)
- the right shelf life of the new product is determined
- You give support and training to other margarine/extruded shortening production facilities in AAK
- You participate in cost efficiency and process improvement programs of operations
- You are strongly involved in selection and implementation of new technology and equipment
- You support ad-hoc operations in case of out of spec for end product and/or customer complaints
- If required, you visit customers together with CIM or sales, to identify needs and support in process technical requests
- You preferably have a Master degree in chemistry or food science with a strong knowledge of processing, or a solid experience in the food industry
- You have an in-depth knowledge:
- oils/fats/margarine/shortening blend formulation
- oils/fats/margarine/shortening crystallization and processing
- General knowledge of functionality of oils and fats in food applications
- You are familiar with DOE and (basic) statistical processing of test results.
- After on-boarding and intensive training you acquire the necessary self-confidence to work independently. It is your ambition to become an expert in your field.
- You have knowledge of QESH and HACCP in the food industry
- You have strong communication skills and a good knowledge of English
- You are accurate, flexible and result-oriented.
- You are a real team worker and able to think out of the box
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office.
We offer you a job with responsibility in a global organization. You are based in Merksem (Belgium), in a creative working environment that you can tailor to your own insights, depending on your skills and experience. You can expect a competitive salary and an excellent group and health insurance.
You can apply by sending a CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com.
If you have questions about the job content, you can contact Patrick Bieseman (firstname.lastname@example.org –telnr. +32 473.43.03.91).
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.