FOODSERVICE DIRECTOR OF SITE OPERATIONS-Hillside, NJ
FOODSERVICE DIRECTOR OF SITE OPERATIONS-Hillside, NJ
AAK Foodservice, a division of AAK USA, a Swedish based, world leading producer of high value-added specialty vegetable oils and fats, is a National Foodservice Manufacturer and supplier recognized as the leader in Customer Service and Innovative Solutions. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life of our customers and our employees. We make it our mission to ensure the safety of all employees, develop a highly engaged workforce, and enable our customers to meet their goals while operating in a sustainable and ethical fashion.
We make safe, enjoyable food for customers and consumers while adhering to our team values. At AAK Foodservice we encourage and challenge each other, by speaking honestly and openly and being committed and accountable to one another. We have high expectations of ourselves and rely on one another to produce an enhance trust within our team.
We are currently seeking to hire a Director of Site Operations for our Hillside, NJ Food Service manufacturing facility.
This position is responsible for overseeing Operations at the Hillside NJ location. This position provides direct oversight and direction to the Site Operations Team through comprehensive and thorough leadership support focusing on achieving high levels of customer focus and exceptional execution by utilizing strong interpersonal communication skills.
The Foodservice Director of Site Operations is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the Site, which includes two facilities. Thus, enabling AAK to provide customers with the required products within specification, on time, and at a cost-effective rate.
- Manages company assets, plant employees, and contractors within all applicable laws and procedures while meeting or exceeding location, and corporate objectives.
- Executes and champions food safety, Environment, Health and Safety procedures at the Site.
- Oversees and ensures supervisors are holding others accountable for compliance with Site’s Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) plans.
- Ensures all regulations (AAK and government) are followed and reporting is accurate and timely.
- Manages risk/loss potential to personnel, equipment, and Site operations (production).
- Develops, sets priorities, and monitors annual plan for Site as well as KPIs based on the corporate objectives.
- Oversees Quality, customer satisfaction, personnel and food safety. Creates, leads, and controls a work environment that utilizes a quality management system with a focus on “Right First Time”.
- Uses laboratory report and quality analyses and takes action as needed.
- Makes plant tours, monitors general operation and maintenance of plant equipment, and collects and responds to improvement ideas.
- Anticipates, recognizes, and takes action for events/situations that could adversely affect production efficiencies or safety performance.
- Holds production meetings with various functions from around the Site and communicates outward from meeting to outside functions, (i.e. Sales, Commercial, and Supply Chain).
- Develops annual Site budget, including labor, energy, supplies, and maintenance costs, and presents to management for review.
- Manages Site expenses, making adjustments as needed to control costs (per unit), and communicates progress to others.
- Coordinates shutdown planning and procedures.
- Ensures completion of monthly reports to compile for management review.
- Serves as a role model to all employees.
- Ensures others are held accountable to perform work according to specifications and standards, and management of change (MOC) procedures are followed and recorded.
- Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
- Develops location Engagement action plans and ensures they are executed.
- Coaches employees to exhibit behaviors that are in alignment with the AAK Leadership Model, and provides formal and informal employee recognition.
- Trains and develops employees to hone technical, safety, and business management skills.
- Advocates and supports improvement, initiative, and innovation and creates a climate where these values are recognized and can thrive.
- Supports the team in community related activities that ensure AAK is a valued member of the community.
- Leads and participates in special projects as needed.
- Develops three-year capital plan to keep Site running safely and efficiently while meeting customer requirements.
- Aids in approval for capital projects and oversees project management, including capital commitment preparation, funding, timeline, safety, and budget.
- Participates in the approval of major capital
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline such as Engineering or Business Operations with a minimum 10 years of applicable industry experience (food processing preferred).
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in management role.
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 20%.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, PPM, ISO, MRP/MPS, EHSSS; accounting software; internet software; manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to executive management and public groups.
- Experience in construction and plant expansion a plus.
- Exceptional judgment and communication skills, strict regard and attention to detail, enthusiasm for constant purposeful change, ability to solidify organizational support, embraces ownership and commitment, visionary, innate leader, fortitude to make tough decisions, and possesses a selfless desire regarding the develop and wellbeing of his/her subordinates and connection.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK Foodservice is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.