Head of Research Operations
AAK is a leading provider of value-adding vegetable oils & fats. Our expertise in lipid technology within foods and special nutrition applications, our wide range of raw materials and our broad process capabilities enable us to develop innovative and value-adding solutions across many industries – Chocolate & Confectionery, Bakery, Dairy, Special Nutrition, Foodservice, Personal Care, and more.
AAK’s proven expertise is based on more than 140 years of experience within oils & fats. Our unique co-development approach brings our customers’ skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results. Listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and with our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, AAK has more than 20 different production facilities, sales offices in more than 25 countries and more than 3,700 employees. We are AAK – The Co-Development Company.
AAK BF - CR AAK
CR AAK is located in Satiri, 40 Km from Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso.
CR AAK (Centre de Recherche sur l’Arbre à Karité – Shea Trees Research Center) is a part of AAK Burkina Faso with purpose of developing and participating in programs to develop improved plant material to be planted in the largest possible area to secure enough supply of high-quality shea kernels by selecting plant material, breeding and development of culturing methods in cooperation with relevant partners globally.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Head of Operations to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily, operational, tactic and strategic responsibility of the Research Center and will report to AAK BF Country Manager.
- In cooperation with the Advisory board to develop a strategy and tactical activity plans for CR AAK
- Daily operational responsibility for budgets and activities at CR AAK.
- Managing the staff of CR AAK
- Scientific lead and further development of the defined scientific programs, including contact and cooperation with program partners.
- You have a scientific background within forestry and plant breeding with a solid experience in managing scientific projects, material selection, breeding technologies and culturing of trees on a scientific level.
- You have some years of experience in managing complex, scientific programs, including a high level of experimental design and activities. You are energetic and curious with a can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile driven by an ambition and a vision of creating something new.
- You have the ability to work well with others and communicate effectively.
- You are proficient in French and English language, oral and written.
- The knowledge of Jula language will be highly appreciated
In return AAK offer:
- An interesting and stimulating work environment.
- BF Healthcare scheme.
- A competitive salary in function of your experience.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.