Plant Project Engineer
AAK USA, Inc
PLANT PROJECT ENGINEER-Port Newark, NJ
Join our Global Team at our Port Newark Facility
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking a Plant Project Engineer for our Port Newark manufacturing facility. The Plant Project Engineer develops/manages capital strategy development and implementation for the plant including product or package commercialization projects, process improvements (both product and building infrastructure). Also responsible for following the assigned project management methodology, reporting and tracking performance, schedule and cash flow. The Plant Project Engineer is the principal technical resource for the Ready-to-Eat food manufacturing systems, equipment and processes of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs process studies to identify opportunities to improve manufacturing and energy efficiency
- Presents results to management both verbally and in written reports
- Executes capital projects managing schedule, scope and costs.
- Manages project finances, with a strong control of scope, schedule deviation
- Reports on capital projects to management and senior management regarding current activities and forecast
- Develops capital investments projects following the appropriate stage gate methodology
- Diagnoses process deficiencies, and create design improvements
- Performs process modeling studies to identify improvement opportunities
- Develops with the stake holders clear project premises, budgets scopes and detailed schedules
- Evaluates process schemes from operating data as needed
- Prepares process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation
- Updates and maintains documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation functional descriptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
- Strong preference for manufacturing plant-based work environment
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in project-based engineering with a focus on capitol project execution
- Excellent understanding and ability to apply fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid transport and reaction chemistry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Track record of successfully meeting schedule deadlines
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time to US and foreign destinations.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
- Familiarity with process simulation software applications such as Aspen or ChemCAD
- Proficiency with scheduling software such as MS Project
- Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.