AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint an Engineering Technician, either multi skilled or single trade, to join the Hull Engineering team. This role will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (day’s). The role will support the team to deliver the product at the right quality, at the right time, in the right quantity and for the right cost in a safe and effective manner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving equipment availability through the maintenance of the plant and equipment to ensure reliability and compliance through planned work and leading Continuous Improvement projects within your area of ownership.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure QSHE compliance
- Uphold Maintenance schedules
- Maintain Customer Service by ensuring improved equipment availability through maintenance and OEE improvement projects
- Support and mentor the team with maintenance and continuous improvement technical expertise
- Ensure detailed records are maintained of equipment failures
- Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Working with the Team, engaging with others, taking part in daily meetings and being visible within specific area of responsibility
This role calls for an individual who has a high degree of technical capability and who is highly effective at ensuring efficiency and productivity targets are achieved in conjunction with Operations.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience;
- HNC in Engineering Discipline
- Experience working in a Multi-skilled Engineering position
- FMCG experience advantageous.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Strong attention to detail.
- PLC knowledge or use of SCADA systems.
- Strong team player and able to work well on own initiative.
- Mentoring experience advantageous.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
Deadline for applications = 31st October 2021.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.