AAK BD Foods Ltd
Recently acquired BD Foods in Hastings join AAK International, as part of the Global Foodservice Group. Established in 2001 with a growing portfolio of over 3,000 products, BD Foods is a producer of tailor-made restaurant quality meal accompaniments.
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enablees our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
About the role:
The purpose of the role is to support the Chief Engineer to maintain the factory fabrication, plant and equipment with the aim of ensuring it’s efficient and safe operation and compliance with relevant legal requirements
- Carry out general maintenance of plant, equipment and fabrication of building as required.
- To carry out planned maintenance is carried as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- To efficiently deal with reactive maintenance of machinery and equipment, in order to ensure the minimum disruption to production.
- To liaise with the Chief Engineer and Health and Safety Manager with regard to health and safety of equipment and in the use of chemicals within the workplace.
- To complete accurate and appropriate records for maintenance carried out ensuring the standards as set out in the Company Policy & Procedures Manual are maintained.
- To contribute to the development of activity, policies and procedures that will reduce energy costs across the site.
- To ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained both personally and within the work area.
- To comply with current Health and Safety, Food safety and hygiene legislation.
- To behave in a non discriminatory manner in accordance with BD Foods Ethical Trading Policy.
- Carry out duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
Recognised electrical and/or mechanical engineering award.
- Knowledge of hygiene practices
- Knowledge of relevant legislation with regard to building, plant and equipment
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Range of skills in a wide field of engineering. Electrical controls, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding, turning etc
- Ability to plan and organise resources
- Ability to solve problems effectively
- High level of initiative
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.