AAK BD Foods Ltd
Recently acquired BD Foods in Hastings join AAK International, as part of the Global Foodservice Group. Established in 2001 with a growing portfolio of over 3,000 products, BD Foods is a producer of tailor-made restaurant quality meal accompaniments.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.This is quite simply a fantastic opportunity to seriously influence the company direction by creating and presenting imaginative 'now' and 'future now' products in our market sector. On our site in St Leonards on Sea, we work with quality hotels, restaurant groups, pub groups and many other top groups - never a dull day, thus with a whole varied development life.
This is a position open only to proven qualified Chefs, an absolute must.
The business has been successfully built on quality and innovation and we are well known for it. With our fast track NPD turnaround, we have a reputation for good ideas and market opportunities are always taken seriously and moved upon quickly. The presenting 'bit' involves giving a well thought out and applicable presentation to both existing and potential clients, mainly on our site.
The position reports to the Business Development Chef backed up by a full service Technical Department for all those important 'non Chef' bits; we are a BRC Double A rated site.
Have a good look at our website and you will get a very good idea of what we are about and where we play. We treat our staff as we do our ingredients; with care and consideration but as with all good ingredients, they have to work!
To develop or re develop innovative food products in line with our client’s expectations in a very fast-moving department.
Main DutiesNew Product Development:
- Develop new product lines in accordance with customer requirements and briefs including price parameters
- Match customer recipes or innovate for their brands ensuring compliance to their agreed specifications, price constraints and brand standards
- Work with the technical department to ensure all products are suitable to our scope and follow all the relevant procedures and work instructions
- Produce recipes and cost calculation documentation for all new products
- Make necessary amendments to existing products if they are not meeting standards set by either the company or the client
- To deliver effective and knowledgeable product presentations to both current and potential clients with the aim of securing new business
- Ad -hoc duties as determined by the business
- To modify existing product ranges, improve over time whilst keeping cost neutral to keep up to date with market trends or ingredient improvements
- Work with the production & quality team prior to and at initial production trials to ensure products & processes are meeting set criteria and that production samples match NPD samples
- Keeping the work area clean and tidy and in good working order
Knowledge & Skills:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role (Essential)
- At least 5 years’ experience cooking in a quality fresh food establishment
- At least NVQ level 3 in food catering and preparation
- Creative and able to generate new product ideas for customer
- Passionate foodie with a real interest in food and product development
- Good Microsoft office skills and computer awareness
- Confident in speaking and preparing food in front of customers
- Able to demonstrate excellent craft skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Team player that can also work on own initiative
- Able to organise and prioritise workload and guide kitchen assistant as necessary
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.