FOOD SCIENTIST- Port Newark, NJ
Join our Global Customer Innovation Team at our Port Newark, NJ R&D Center
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Everything AAK does is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crisper, candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose and embedded in all parts of the AAK value chain. We call this “Making Better Happen – from plant to brand” and this is reflected in our updated framework for sustainability – the House of Sustainability.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking a Food Scientist for our Port Newark, NJ R&D Center. This hands-on position will support all activities of the Customer Innovation department and be responsible for working with the R&D of fats and oil.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts lab experiments, collects data and interprets results to solve customer problems and drive new product development.
- Interfaces with Sales and Marketing to provide strong and timely technical support to meet the business need.
- Responsible for prototyping, formulation and preparing customer samples.
- Assists with the design and execution of pilot plant trials.
- Engages with customers to identify their needs and translate them into new product opportunities.
- Stay current with technical advancements in fats and oils and relevant industry developments. Communicate these to Management and identify required actions or potential opportunities.
- Provide technical support to Operations and Quality.
- Initiates and manages small scale research projects.
- Some travel will be required
- Bachelors or Masters (preferred) in Food Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Experience in formulation and continuous improvement projects.
- Strong communications and critical thinking skills.
- Possess an understanding of ingredient functionality.
- Strong Laboratory skills.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in it’s programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.